Did B Schools like IIM and other verify the Work experience

68 Posts  ·  199 Users
About this group
Hi I am harshal, I am preparing for CAT 2010. I have completed and have work experience of 16 month in teaching and 8 month as software engineer. I want to know, if whether IIM amd other top B schools verify the work experience. Actually I...
Page 1 of 7

I work for a small scale company which pays me monthly in cash. I have work experince certificate but don't have any pay slips or bank statements. Will it be considered as work experience by B-schools?

4 likes1 comment
steve177
@steve177  ·  14 karma

Was it considered? I have the same problem.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I don't have the experience letter from the company. I only have the offer letter and the payslips. Will these be sufficient at the time of verification of documents.

1 comment
saiprakashrajud
@saiprakashrajud  ·  0 karma

hi, did you get any answer?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have joining letter  and  relieving letter I don't have my last month pay slip as i was paid in cash. will that be enough?

nids
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys.i'm currently in my 6th sem of bba program and due to some tough time had  to take a job in a private firm.would my experience count in MBA institutes.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Gentlemen/Women !! I have my work General ' To whom It may concern' certificate or experience remark Certificate and My Appointment letter. Will that be sufficient for Symbiosis colleges? or Welingkar / KJ Somaiya ? I used to get paid in cash, so dont have cheques etc. Also i dont have reliving certificate. Will this be OK?

Karm karo, Fal ki Chinta mat karo.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Friends...I m stuck at one spot while filling work ex duration in CAT form and I really want your valuable suggestion for the same. Is one required to show/submit work ex certificate during GD-PI/adm in IIMs or other MBA colleges or even salary slips will be sufficient ? I do not have work ex certificate from my first employer where I had worked for 7 months but just the salary slips of first 6 months. Hence I don't know whether I should mention about the same or not. I m also concerned about whether the gap in work ex will count as negative if I don't show the same. Everything is fine with the second company where I have been working for last two and half years. Really need some advice. Thanks alot !!!!

1 comment
Akshaysolanki
@Akshaysolanki  ·  0 karma

Hi , went through your profile ..congrats for all the converts. What did you do about those 7 months ..In my case there were 7 months ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have my offer letter and last three month's pay slip from the company I left some time back. Will these be enough at the time of interviews for colleges like IIM/XLRI/FMS/IIFT/MDI/SP Jain etc? I do not have an  experience letter or a relieving letter from my employer.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi!

i have just completed my grad and this year would be giving cat.

Will it be a disadvantage for me if I don't take up a job and just start preparing for cat? 

And

if i work in a private firm where I dont have to be very strict wid the work and get a basic salary ,can that be used as work ex?

2 comments
Artaxerxes
@Artaxerxes  ·  0 karma

If you dont work, then the gap is taken very negatively at IIMs during interviews. They dont accept that one needs to dedicate himself/herself full time to cat preparation in order to crack it. Hence taking up a job is mandatory. Yes you may work in a private firm and show that as work ex. BPO work ex is not considered as valid work experience

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Surya_pagal_h
@Surya_pagal_h  ·  3 karma

What if we quit 2-3 months before CAT after having 3 years experience? Will that look bad?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys this is really urgent....I don't have my last month pay slip but I have my relieving letter and offcourse the joining letter. Will that suffice for work ex documentation?

1 comment
Artaxerxes
@Artaxerxes  ·  0 karma

That usually does. And why dont you have last month pay slip? If its because you left and the month is yet to end, then you dont need it.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey puyss one major query is here i did a sign of bond in my firm and there is 8 month left for fulfill the bond bt some of the financial problrm i want to left the company and want to do mba by best institutes..if i woould break a bond they wont give me relieving certificate or ex.certi...in this case what should i do?plz reply asap

pagal fully
1 comment
Artaxerxes
@Artaxerxes  ·  0 karma

You can always break bond, pay the bond amount and leave.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...