details of >99 percentilers who have not recvd any calls from iims for HT interview

1,398 Posts  ·  207 Users
About this group
Guys, I would like to introduce myself as an IIM aspirant who appeared for CAT 2010. CAT 2010 exam and shortlisting criteria has baffled a large section of candidates and does not seem justified. CAT 2010 is over for us but unless we d...
Page 1 of 140

Please do not bump into old threads. This thread was for CAT 2010 people who did not receive calls.

Thread closed.

** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

waiting for tomorrow's results with lots of anxiety. Hope the IIMS call all the deserving 99 percentilers without probing much into the school and college marks. If 98 and 99 percentiles deserve a "no call" why the hell conduct CAT and loot the youth community's money and efforts. Shame on these IIMS!

1 week remaining in cat 2011 result and I feel that history is going to repeat itself again.

PGPM 2012-2014 MDI Gurgaon CAT 2011 99.27 converts : MDI,NITIE,SJMSOM,IIM-RaRoTUKa,NMIMS,IMTG
Moreover, if they keep rejecting the best students on the basis of gender, caste & degree, there reign might come to an end soon.

Rejecting people on the basis of their degree is just outrageous. Most people opt for engg. coz it gives you the highest probability of getting a good job. That's why the most of the best brains in the country are engineers. It's the same reason why engineers do well in CAT. I don't think anybody can justify a move which keeps engineers out. What's the use of this diversity? I might not hold an MA, but I am sure I can give any history grad a run for his money in a history quiz. So why should a guy with a history degree have an advantage over me? Add a GK component to CAT, if you want people with diverse knowledge.

IIMs have their own loss with this criteria, now no wonder if other colleges like MDI/NITIE/FMS/JBIMS produce better managers than IIMs. Now A days IITians are also opting for Non IIM colleges because of ridiculous criteria of IIMs. and we all know IItians never had preferred any other college than IIMs. but now time has changed.. so really we need "DARE TO THINK BEYOND IIMs"

Moreover, if they keep rejecting the best students on the basis of gender, caste & degree, there reign might come to an end soon.

Rejecting people on the basis of their degree is just outrageous. Most people opt for engg. coz it gives you the highest probability of getting a good job. That's why the most of the best brains in the country are engineers. It's the same reason why engineers do well in CAT. I don't think anybody can justify a move which keeps engineers out. What's the use of this diversity? I might not hold an MA, but I am sure I can give any history grad a run for his money in a history quiz. So why should a guy with a history degree have an advantage over me? Add a GK component to CAT, if you want people with diverse knowledge.

Well guys. I dont know why all student are being dogmatic about IIMs. Why Do we all have fanaticism about IIMs.. there are also other good colleges too in country. some of them are ahead of few IIMs. First is XLRI, ranked no.4 or 5th and oldest business school of India. It doesnt consider your academic performance. And look forward to FMS, highest ROI giving institute.
If we see cat based schools then MDI, Sp Jain and NITIE are extremely good institutes. So guys move forward and think beyond IIMs. (don't dare to think about **********.)

just an important link to share with u all
:

This IIM student was once a school dropout - Rediff Getahead

just an important link to share with u all
:

This IIM student was once a school dropout - Rediff Getahead

Might have something to do with the fact that 2 people who were apparently fighting for 'Justice and Fair treatment for all' etc etc have now found their happy place in FMS and MDI respectively.
When someone says,"I understand your pain", they are lying, sometimes without even realizing. When the biggest supporters of this cause were arguing with me and even threatening me, I knew it was because they were hurting...from not getting something they thought they deserved. Now that they have got somewhere else where they are comfortable, I think the 'Fight For Justice' has been relegated to the background.

I know people may find this to be a hard pill to swallow but as earlier on this thread, I've spoken my mind with no ill-will towards anyone.

Hi Rohit catfiasco is still attending the case, and as the initial judgement had been, the IIMs would be publishing their individual criteria as well and they are doing so this year.

Well,before u lamblast people just think about it... when it was the collective pain, only few raised their heads, and still fewer went to the court and fought.... and just still the response of who supported from outside... I mean u guys were not even good spectators.... u were watching the whole show for free....
and yes the main "fighters" are in good bschools everywhere, and let me tell u 1st sem is very hectic... even to the point that i have to tell my family to call me before 8 in the morning and after 10 in the night... forget about PG.... so plz give us some space man... and we have already fought enough...

now its the time for u guys to take the fight forward.. i havent gone through all the eligibility criteria and stuff... but if u guys feel its worth fighting for.. go ahead and pick up the stick and go on and fight.....

I wonder u wud be having the same opinion of anna hazare... if tomorrow the fight goes cold or he looses, u wud blame him for initiating the fight itself...not that u wud blame urself for not fighting for the cause and being a part of it....
so plz give me a break..!!!
I was also waiting for the update on the court case but now I have given up.
Even if the case did not go our way an update would have been useful(unless there was an out of court sort of settlement).

Might have something to do with the fact that 2 people who were apparently fighting for 'Justice and Fair treatment for all' etc etc have now found their happy place in FMS and MDI respectively.
When someone says,"I understand your pain", they are lying, sometimes without even realizing. When the biggest supporters of this cause were arguing with me and even threatening me, I knew it was because they were hurting...from not getting something they thought they deserved. Now that they have got somewhere else where they are comfortable, I think the 'Fight For Justice' has been relegated to the background.

I know people may find this to be a hard pill to swallow but as earlier on this thread, I've spoken my mind with no ill-will towards anyone.