Depressed, Frustrated & I'm really need some advice

21 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hey Guys, First of all I know this thread is being repeated for the Nth time but I'm in all hassle now. Need some serious advice/opinions. I'm all out of it. Ok.. So I Graduated last year somehow. My Graduation percentage is below 50% but not less...
Page 1 of 3

Throw ur heart over d fence,the rest will follow.Believe..--D best is yet to come..

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Great Failures & Great Personalities
people who are depressed just go through the link and read the article i think it would be great moral booster
realkutta Says
hey guys , three times suicide attempts but still managing to write here . i am an iitian (new ones dont want to reveal ) and psychedelic . i entered in 2009 with jee rank 3k , for two years full of booze , weeds ,and all , had 3 dis-co(disciplinary committee ) on me , finally got my result of all the shits i have done , i got 5th semester suspended from the institute .. . i got so much depressed that i was in rehab dept. for two months .. now i am little bit okey . my parents are making me prepare for cat and cfa levels , would i able get their , please guide me seniors , i have ruined my life .. i am not able concentrate .. wht should i do ... where should i go ... would i be able to become wht i was before .. i got 86% in 10 , 80% in 12, ntse scholar , loves python , please please help me guys ...........

bole toh u r so totally scroood...!! but fikar not, here comes my 2 words...
pahle toh dimag thanda kar bachha!!
uske baad thoda vichar karna hai - koschan izz what's your priority? option 1: u want to live a good life and for that u want a decent career. option 2: u want to live for a dazzling career; to the extent that it makes no sense to u to be alive if u can't boast about it. bro, spend some time in whatever u like - be it music, photography, sports. if possible go for a holiday trip. if u never tried yoga/pranayama, give it a try. then accept your present situation and plan how best u can fight back. it will be very difficult, but u have to do it. u still have half of grad course to finish and u have to finish it well; else all CAT/CFA preps will go in vein. if i'm not wrong u have not discussed your problems with your parents; they still think of u as the same brilliant innocent school kid and got the shock of their life when u had to be sent to rehab. Plz discuss it with your parents, let them know that u r going through a tough time and cut down the burden of unrealistic expectations. i'm sure they will want u to be alive with them at their old age, no matter what job u do. just look around, millions of people are doing menial jobs, but they are living; facing life. fight off this tough time, live your life. perhaps decades down the time u will laugh at this phase. problem is not with your career, problem is with your life and thoughts, so no career tips ciao!

First of all Kudos to all the puys here :clap: :clap: :cheerio: A lot has been already said so i don't need to say anything more.

"Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Dont lose faith.Your work is going to fill a large part of your life,and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you havent found it yet, keep looking until you find it.Dont settle" ~Steve Jobs

Just don't give up. Hit back hard and believe me the ones who see failures hit back so hard that no one can stop him/her All the best to all of you :cheerio:

Request mods to please merge this thread with the already existing one- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/frustrated-and-i-need-some-inspiration-advice-25049509

HR Professional, MBA - HR (2012), SBT CheerLeader 2011, PG Queen 2012 :blush:

Don't worry everything z gonna b alright... If u cud crack JEE then cracking CAT z a cake walk for u..
Believe me.. U have got what it takes to get into IIMs .. Gud thing u realized what u have done and that
realization is more than enough.. Be brave n face life as it is today n m sure u'll change it.

Start believing in yourself

realkutta Says
hey guys , three times suicide attempts but still managing to write here . i am an iitian (new ones dont want to reveal ) and psychedelic . i entered in 2009 with jee rank 3k , for two years full of booze , weeds ,and all , had 3 dis-co(disciplinary committee ) on me , finally got my result of all the shits i have done , i got 5th semester suspended from the institute .. . i got so much depressed that i was in rehab dept. for two months .. now i am little bit okey . my parents are making me prepare for cat and cfa levels , would i able get their , please guide me seniors , i have ruined my life .. i am not able concentrate .. wht should i do ... where should i go ... would i be able to become wht i was before .. i got 86% in 10 , 80% in 12, ntse scholar , loves python , please please help me guys ...........

Hey bro...
Dunno if u are aware of it, but u have seen the worst of everything. in YOUR words, you have tried everything wrong... done everything to ruin ur life... even tried to end it.

Now the best thing is that things can only get better from here onwards. Who cares bhai u crack CAT or not... you have had far worse moments in ur life, ek aur sahi...
Aur agar crack ho gaya, toh bhi bahut kuch change nahin hoga... believe me when i say, to crack IIT is tougher than cracking CAT.

I mean to say, no matter what you do with your CAT, not much will change around you. So make sure that u do things u like (and if it is CAT, so be it)... not what others want u to do. You really dont have to prove something... All of us know what potential an IITian has...

Venture ahead... work hard... and keep happy... bas!!

CAT toh har saal aata hai... zindagi milegi na dobara... make the most of it
Rohit Mishra, Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi 2012-14
realkutta Says

Suicide is NOT a solution for your problems dude! YOU would mean a lot to your parents, please do not take a wrong decision.

Here is my suggestion which can be a solution.

1. First of all, be confident! Everyone have their share of problems in life. Life is full of Ups and downs. The people who face problems bravely emerge as winners in the long run.

J.K. Rowling the author of the much acclaimed Harry Potter, faced a lot of problems in life, attempted suicide a couple of times, BUT came out of her depression successfully and we all know where she is today!

And J.K.Rowling was far less than an IIT'ian. If she can do it, so can YOU!

2. Join some YOGA/Meditation programme. Quit all your bad habits. At your age, almost everyone is like this. so no need to panic at all! But YOU should Quit bad habits and bad company.

3. After your suspension period is over, Join back. Fight your way back to bring laurels to your parents. Use this suspension period to prepare for CAT.

If you need any guidance to prepare for CAT, ping me from pagalguy portal.

4. I have counselled many people successfully and please follow these steps. YOU WILL BE BACK WITH A BANG, Like J.K.Rowling!

All the best!

Krishnakumar

sorry for hijacking your thread,...

HEllo puys,,, i appeared for CAt 2010 and scored 93 percentile.. i also cleared IIFT written and SCMHRD...everything was going great and i was quite confident of clearing interviews.I was the best in GD/PI and was always complimented for my communication skills and knowledge base. infact i trained people for GD/Pi in my college and training intstitute.

however to my dismay,, i could not clear either of the the GD/PI round.. i am not able to stand up again after these rejects,, m not able to concentrate on anything and this realization is eating me up.. i have lost all my confidence and feel totally depressed.. its been a month now and i am now in a big time depression..have almost forgotten when did i smiled last.. .....

i dont know what to do,, can somebody who had been in a similar position help me out of this...

my problem might seem small but i have lost all my dreams and and its becoming life and death situation...plz do suggest what should i do??

There are many people who have much adverse condition than you presently are in.Learn to stand up against rejects.Be a man..and don't lose courage,u yourself said everything was going right until few colleges rejected you,that means you have it in yourself..which is quite plain and simple.

You have that spark in yourself,only it might be something.. somewhere..in your way.. better things are waiting for you. Take learnings from your rejects,move up start fresh and show yourself that you are far better than what you are projected to be.And remember being Mba is again not a plain vanilla sky,u also have to fight for your sustainability.So if you lose courage at this stage you should not dare to dream about it.

If you have made up your mind what you want to do ..only there is one path ..rise from the ashes and shine bright.

Regarding Your techie job you should talk with your seniors.If you still feel unfit for that kind ..never do it.Life is short..try to enjoy and keep things untangled.
Good luck.

Ok, first of all I think you got some hell of a marks there. so give your self some credit. you already have a job then why worry, side by side prepare for your exams and give them again. its not the end of the world, there are soo many people who dont even have a decent job these days. be happy for what you have and move on from there.
you have a lot of time ahead of you, trust me this is not the end of anything, and things work out for the best in the end.
whatever happens is for the best, you dint get through these, cos you have something better for you in store in future. so take a break and then gear yourself up for another another shot.