Deloitte ( Business technology Analyst ) or MBA preperation... HELP ME.....

5 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
I am in a wet mud pool of confusion Puys. Recently, I have been selected for business technology position (BTA) at Deloitte. I was about to start my CAT 2012 prep when this news came through (CAT 11 was a disaster albeit ). I am feeling good about...
Page 1 of 1

@doubtboy so what did you finally do? I would have suggested Deloitte+ CAT 2012
koi waisa bhi tope kaam to hota nahi h Deloitte me..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@doubtboy said:

Also since I am week in English, I have pledged to take this course of time (1 year) to
Bro I understand but take that job offer up now if for nothing then just as a backup option. No one can predict the sanctity of the CAT examination. What if you have a very very hard set or what if there are wrong questions there? Cat has nothing to do with ones aptitude asClint Eastwood said 'Deserve's got nothing to do with it'
Kaurav o ki Bheed Ho ya Pandav o ki need ho. Jo ladh saka wohi to mahan hai
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I would take the Deloitte job. You can do a 1 year MBA a few years down the road at IIM/ISB or an international school.

Analyst | Deutsche Bank | London
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

long post :P
I suggest give CAT

"Hope is a good thing; probably the best of the things. And no good thing ever dies"
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am in a wet mud pool of confusion Puys. Recently, I have been selected for business technology position (BTA) at Deloitte. I was about to start my CAT 2012 prep when this news came through (CAT 11 was a disaster albeit ). I am feeling good about it. This is a job change for me. I have 2 years 9 months of experience in an IT major already and the hike offered is a decent 50 p.c. The profile is all about technology and the role is BTA.

I am confused like hell on what to do ? Almost everyone has been telling me that at Deloitte, they pay you well but will make you work like anything. I had joined a coaching institute last week but I have got the money refunded because of this confusion of mine. My perturbed mind is saying that why not concentrate into technicals all this time and take the Deloitte experience which is among the big 4 in the industry. The BTA position too is luring me a lot.I understand that it will be a healthy experience at large and slogging there late will only help me to boost ahead in my career path but only in technicals.

I am now thinking to work for Deloitte for one year and then re-appear for CAT next year thanks to my friends who say that this experience will matter a lot for me. This very fear of not getting time for my personal life has forced me to ask for a refund since I also do not want to risk my hard earned 25 k for coaching as there is no point in paying the fee if I do not get time to study.

Also since I am week in English, I have pledged to take this course of time (1 year) to rigorously start reading novels and THE HINDU since I feel that is the only barrier I see between me and a B grade college ( Sorry I do not have academics to get into a an IIM). So , if all is fine next year I am going my heart and soul to my preparation. I am talking about 2013 CAT but not 2012. Many of you puys would be thinking why I am talking about 2013 now even when notification for 2012 are not yet out.With improved English I am damn sure I will excel.

But hang on, by the time I take admission in 2014 June, it will be 4.5 years of total experience .Will it not affect my chance of summer intern or rather placements after MBA
??????One of my friends already in TAPMI says that it gets tough to get an intern with this much heap of experience..... I am so damn confused.Help me puys.

Somewhere my heart says it is an excuse for not having the rigour to sit and prepare hard for 2012 but sometime I feel why not Delloite for a year or more?

BTW what is the right age to marry .. after I finish MBA i will be 29.... Mom is worrying :-)

YES I HAVE A SLEW OF QUESTIONS. I AM CONFUSED :-(

Help !! Help !! Help !!!!......PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!! SOMEONE....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...