Data Sufficiency

143 Posts  ·  1,969 Users
About this group
The question is followed by two statements X and Y. Answer using the following instructions: Choose 1 if the question can be answered by X only Choose 2 if the question can be answered by Y only Choose 3 if the question can be answered by...
Page 1 of 15

Hey , it's very important to be updated with some general knowledge and what's going in our day to day life I.e current affairs. So I m going to make WHATS APP group for that. Anyone interested inbox me your number with your name. THANK YOU

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

DS:

In a general body election, 3 candidates p, q and r were contesting for a membership of the board. How many votes did each receive?

(I) p received 17 votes more than q and 103 votes more than r.

(II) Total votes cast were 1703

if statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question.
if statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question
if both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question.
if both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running -Christopher McDougall
42 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Does Bharat have more money than Chandra?

Statement I :: After Bharat borrows 600rs from Dheeraj, he has more money than Chandra

Statement II :: After Bharat Lends 600rs to Dheeraj, He has more money than Chandra

If Statement I alone is sufficent
If Statement II alone is sufficient
If both statements are needed to solve and alone, they arent sufficient to solve the problem
If both statements arent useful to solve and more data is required.
26 answers

if a, b, c are odd numbers and 1

statement 1: c

statement 2: a

1 comment
Ykoli
@Ykoli  ·  0 karma

answer?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Facing a lot of problem in solving quant 😞

What to do? Few days left!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

pissed off with these DS questions, any good approach to handle it?

Save the 'Respect' and 'Dignity' of Women
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If a, b, and c are all integers, is ab+bc+ca+a2 odd?

(1) a is odd.

(2) (b+c) is odd.

statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked
statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked
statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
21 answers

At a certain pet shop, 1/3 of pets are dogs & 1/5 of pets are birds. How many of the pets are dogs?

1) There are 30 birds at the pet shop
2) There are 20 more dogs than birds at the pet shop.

Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
BOTH statements TOGETHER are suffi cient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are not sufficient.
GMATinsight www.GMATinsight.com
23 answers

Hi , a friend is looking forward to sell off his CL classroom Material 2013 which covers the books, class sheets , mock test papers, Comprehensive Arun Sharma (QA, VA , LR, DI ) , Barron's Dictionary , Formulae Keys , CL extra material for other exams except CAT and all handy notes at a reasonable price. Anybody willing to buy in Kolkata , could PM me at the earliest.

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Saurabh21Jha
@Saurabh21Jha  ·  0 karma

please PM me too....with the contact number and name

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
BloodNSweat
@BloodNSweat  ·  0 karma

Please PM me, if you have not sold the material already.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@RohitMahind

Choose 1 - If The Question Can Be Answered By Using One Of The Statements Alone, But Cannot Be Answered Using The Other Statement AloneChoose 2 - If The Question Can Be Answered By Using Either Statements AloneChoose 3 - If The Question Can Be Answered By Using Both Statements Together, But Cannot Be Answered Using Either Statement AloneChoose 4 - If The Question Cannot Be Answered Even By Using Both Statements Together

What Are The Marks Obtained By Jamie In The Biology Paper If His Friend Joey Has Secured 14 More Marks?

A. The Marks Secured By Joey Are Lower Than 46 And Are A Multiple Of Six.

B. When Both Jamie's And Joey's Marks Are Divided By 7, The Remainder Is The Same

I choose 3 😃

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
vikram.khatore
@vikram.khatore  ·  0 karma

D .. , 2 values , 4 , 18 , and and 16 ,30 can be found ..correct me ..if wrong .. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
pulkitagrawal
@pulkitagrawal  ·  0 karma

D

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...