Darden Applicants in 2009

273 Posts  ·  60 Users
About this group
Hi All, I did not see any thread for Darden, so starting this: My stats: Desi Electrical engineer, Top college not IIT, 2006 batch 38 months at matriculation Share your stats here! Regards d2e
Page 1 of 28
I do not have any full-time international experience as yet .... I have been to client site for business purposes quite a few times but one of my essays was based on the learnings during my visits.

I don't think there is any kind of benchmark for international experience.

yeah..that would have been nice..but I still wonder....looking at last year's BW forums, it is very apparent that indians admitted into the program have strong international exp.!! Atleast, this is what I gathered. Anyways...I have made up my mind not to reapply....all the best to you dude...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
mymbadreams Says
hey sunilchanchlani...how much of intnl exp have u got??? Just curious...wondering if they have a benchmark or sometin...

I do not have any full-time international experience as yet .... I have been to client site for business purposes quite a few times but one of my essays was based on the learnings during my visits.

I don't think there is any kind of benchmark for international experience.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey sunilchanchlani...how much of intnl exp have u got??? Just curious...wondering if they have a benchmark or sometin...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

At last .... I have today received the feedback on my application. It specifically says that my engagement outside of the classroom or office is what is responsible for my rejection. A little has (though atleast a few things have) changed in this regard .... I am still in delima regarding my re-app at darden.

Surprisingly ... it didn't say anything about my international experience as I had expected since I believe my international experience is some what less as compared to that of other applicants from my pool.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

the number of students in fall 2009 has decreased to 20, most were ABCDs (most means more than half). fall 2008 intake was 35 sorts. another trend for fall 2010 is that bskools might just be weary of admitting younger applicants (
the above is info from a student!! so take it as you wish with some care!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys..just an update..I finally received a feedback on my application from Darden..as to why I was dinged..in their words : lack of intnl' exp. (I have around 5 months of intnl exp till date in 4.5 yr career.pretty less..i know..)..disappointing..and since nothin much has changed on that front...i guess i will not reapply this year...all the best to the rest of you..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hmm.. sorry about that..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Even I was told by my interviewer that my profile and life story was impressive and she was very happy with my Why MBA and Why Darden answers.... Don't know what would make my story better and more acceptable to Darden to admit me...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

sorry about that..

after looking at the iv/admits from Darden, I felt that they were not interested in calling any1 but for iitians and even among iitians they would not send you an admit unless you have a great story.

Bharath, I had telephonic interview and my interviewer even told me that they are really impressed with me.

In my case, I have a great story, a good academic profile but less work ex. 1.5 yrs.. still they put me on waitlist..

dont know abt rohangarg. He too had a call from Darden..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got dinged 😞 ... I thought my interview went well... Dunno what was missing

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...