Danger Alarm--all pls respond--Maharashtra--50% Quota-to be implemen present session

8 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
See TOI--Delhi Edition--Page No--11---Maha Govt has decided to implement 50% quota in all the pvt institution starting with this academic sesion only(provided Instt is not a Deemed University or a Unaided Minority Instt) Then wat bout all the...
Page 1 of 1

once i was analyisng the data of top medical , engineering and managemnt colleges and i found a very interesting statistics.......although we have only (according to our poilticains) 22.5-27.5 % resrvation bt when it comes to effective rate of reservation it is almot 73% as reserved category students can apply in open category also , and besides reservation for st sc , we hv some unique reservation also, like reservation for jk people , reservation for military people , for sports quota , reservation in terms of managemnt decision....so its only 37% of studnets who come frm open category and resta ll r reserved in nature ....

when we have 27% reservation in books ...effective rate of reservation in 75%
wht will happen when the reservation will be at 50% ...just thnk for the open category students

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

well thats what TOI says. Cant help but feel disappointed at the pathetic state of our education system. We open category students are now in MINORITY. Feels really bad to be deprived of getting admission on our own merit. Had studied really hard for cet. But now it seems that only money can help us get admissions( Management quota rules!!!!!!!!)...we never know they may even make management quota compulsory in institutes like Bajaj and sydenham and IIMs... 😞

spatcho Says
these institutes that u mention are all deemed universities(atleast,symbi and nm are,i am sure)...so i guess it wont affect them

As far as Symbi Being Deemed Univ is concerned only SIEC is Deemed Univ and the Instts under it are--SIBM,SSLC,SICSR,SCMS--Undergraduate, SDHSfOR REST OF THE iNSTT THERE IS NO DEEMED UNIV STATUS!!

NM is a deemed univ ... d rest i dont know. anyway, it will surely be challenged in courts ... and the implementation will be defferred by atleast 1 academic year.

these institutes that u mention are all deemed universities(atleast,symbi and nm are,i am sure)...so i guess it wont affect them

Hey Guys !!! Pls respond this will concern all of us who have taken admission in any instt of Maharashtra whether SIIB/SIOM/SCMHRD/SITM/K J SOMAIYA/WELINGKAR/ITM/IMT Nagpur in this year !!!!So pls post n try to grab the gravity of situation.

See TOI--Delhi Edition--Page No--11---Maha Govt has decided to implement 50% quota in all the pvt institution starting with this academic sesion only(provided Instt is not a Deemed University or a Unaided Minority Instt)

Then wat bout all the Pvt Instt who hav already completed the admission process n students hav already paid the fees also--e.g All the symbi Instt(about 7-, NMIMS, Welingkar, K J SOmaiya

Are these Instt going to chuck out the students who hav already paid the fees ??? Hows that possible ??

NE ONE HAVING ANY IDEA PLS RESPOND

i too read the news clipping.
it is quite alarming.
i have my welingkar gdpi tomorrow.
i will ask the authorities over there about this whether it will be implemented this year .

thanx
amigo

See TOI--Delhi Edition--Page No--11---Maha Govt has decided to implement 50% quota in all the pvt institution starting with this academic sesion only(provided Instt is not a Deemed University or a Unaided Minority Instt)

Then wat bout all the Pvt Instt who hav already completed the admission process n students hav already paid the fees also--e.g All the symbi Instt(about 7-, NMIMS, Welingkar, K J SOmaiya

Are these Instt going to chuck out the students who hav already paid the fees ??? Hows that possible ??

NE ONE HAVING ANY IDEA PLS RESPOND