Important sports personalities:
Mithali Raj- Cricket.Captain of the Indian Women's cricket team and also one of the best players among other women
Sushil Kumar Solanki -Wrestler. Won the gold medal in the 66 kg freestyle competition at the FILA 2010 World
Vijender Kumar-boxerVijender Singh Beniwal is an Indian Olympic boxer from Kaluwas, Bhiwani district in Haryana
Anju Bobby George- Long Jump-made history when she won the bronze medal in Long Jump at the World AthleticsFor more visit the link:
Some important events during the past year for more visit:
· UK-born physicist Stuart Parkin won the Millennium technology prize 2014. Parkin won this prize for his breakthrough in magnetic disk drive storage capacity
· Koyal Rana from Jaipur won the Miss India 2014 crown at the 51st edition of the beauty pageant.
· Ms Michelle Bachelet (62) sworn-in as the President of Chile for second time.
Japanese architect Mr. Shigeru Ban won the Pritzker Architecture Prize 2014
With a view to achieve financial inclusion, the Reserve Bank
of India has allowed Non-Banking Finance Companies
to operate as Business Correspondents
(BCs) of banks, permitting them to offer limited services.
· Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB), India's first all-women bank, has been included in the second schedule to the RBI Act 1934.
Read more at: http://targetbankpo.com/ga-banking2.html
Latest banking awareness:
· RBI has allowed minors above 10 years of age to open and operate independently savings bank account and use other facilities like ATM and cheque books- to promote financial inclusion and bring uniformity in opening of such accounts
· RBI has asked banks not to impose penalties on customers who don't maintain a minimum balance in any dormant account as part of a consumer protection initiative.
· The Centre has decided to give Pension Payment Order (PPO) to all central government employees at the time of retirement along with their other dues. This step has been taken to check the delay in disbursal of pension.
Click here for more
List of recent appointments (past 6 months):
B.N. Sri Krishna - Chairman of Financial Planning Standards Board India (FPSB)
BS Chauhan - Chairman of Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal (CWDT) Chetan Tamboli - Chairman of CII (Confederation of Indian Industry), Western Region.
D K Pathak - New Director General of BSF
Keshari Nath Tripathy - West Bengal's Governor
Dalbir Singh Suhag - New Army Chief ....
for more visit: http://targetbankpo.com/ga-position.html
Salient points from Union Budget:
1. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojna-24/7 power supply to all homes for electricity supply to rural areas. 2. 'Statue of Unity' of Sardar Vallabh Patel 3. E-visas to be introduced at nine airports in India 4. Gaya to be developed as world class tourism spot 5. One Rank One Pension to be adopted for defence personnel 6. War Memorial at Princess Park, India Gate 7. Jal Marg Vikas project on river Ganga connecting Allahabad to HaldiaRead more at
1. Libya, Algeria, Iraq, Jorda, Kurdistan - Dinar 2. Nigeria- Naira 3. South Africa- rand 4. Bangladesh- Taka 5. Russia- ruble 6. Bhutan- ngultrum 7. Cambodia- Riel 8. China- Yuan 9. Iran- Rial 10. Japan- Yen for more visit:
- 1. CHIEF JUSTICE OF INDIA - Rajendra Mal Lodha
- 2. ATORNEY GENERAL OF INDIA - Mukul Rohatgi replace by (GHULAM E. VAHANVATI)
- 3. IMF - CHRISTINE LAGARDE
- 4. WORLD BANK - JIM YONG KIM
- 5. ADB(ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK) - TAKEHIKO NAKAO , HEAD OFFICE IN MANILA(PHILIPPI NES)
- 6. UNO - BAAN KI MOON
- 7. WTO(WORLD TRADE ORGANISATION) - ROBERTO AZEVEDO
- 8. SOLICITOR GENERAL OF INDIA -Ranjit Kumar replace by( MOHAN PARASARAN)
- 9. DEFENCE SECRETARY - R. K. MATHUR
- 10. AMERICAN DEFENCE MINISTER - CHUCK HAGEL
For more heads of state visit: