Cutoffs in each section??

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi guys, I am crishna. I am a time student. I want the cutoffs in each section and overall cutoff in CAT. I don want the exact numbers but want the nearest ones. I also want the cutoffs in AIMCATS also i.e score ranges to get a good enough ra...
Page 1 of 1

For RC-VA 20-24
For QA 12-17
For DI 15-19
These are the probable cut offs for CAt almost all the years
Its never goes beyond this.
Yaah one tthing
The cut off varies according to the persons background as well...and whether the person has job exp or not...

But usually RC/VA cut offs go wuite high so guys u gotta be good at that...
and dont worry about quant bahut kam yaar....bus cut off clear kar lo...u will peacefully get thru then

Infact differnet IIMs have diff cut offs for each section
Thats y the range matters

:))
bye guys take care
all the best for CAT 2004
20 weeks for D day
Hurricane

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

don't worry abt the cutoffs buddy...it'll always be low for quant and high for english ...DI is very much unpredictable. if the cat paper is ne thing like the cancelled cat the di cutoffs wud be much higher than the normal cut offs...so don worry abt that and do wat u can do best...

well in CAT the cutoffs were something like this

quant 11-12
verbal 23-25
di/lr 16-17

overall 60

the cutoffs are very flexible and very a lot from person to person.. but for a normal person with no workex n avg acads the criteria was
90%ile + in 2 sections and 80%ile + in the 3rd section (can be only DI or Quant, for english it has to be a 90%ile +)

I want the cutoffs in each section and overall cutoff in CAT. I also want the cutoffs in AIMCATS also i.e score ranges to get a good enough rank in AIMCAT.

looks like a reply is imperative... 😁

on a serious note....i dont think we can clearly list out the cut offs for each section in a CAT paper, whether it is a drill or the real one. sectional as well as the overal cut offs might vary depending upon the difficulty levels of the paper, the performance of the junta taking the test etc... obviously, this is something we cant predict..

if you are looking for the cut offs in last years AIMCATs or SIMCATs, browse through the threads analysing these tests... IIRC, there were threads for each of the AIMs and SIMs, with in-depth analysis from the PG junta... so.. spend some time there... would be worth.

and yeah... one of the AIMs last year had Quant cut off went down to 2 or 3... the max. was something like 15 or 16...

take care.
rp

Hi guys,

I am crishna. I am a time student. I want the cutoffs in each section and overall cutoff in CAT. I don want the exact numbers but want the nearest ones. I also want the cutoffs in AIMCATS also i.e score ranges to get a good enough rank in AIMCAT.

eagerly waiting ...

crishna