current salary's effect on post-mba salary

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
I'm a 6+ years experienced professional planning to do an executive mba next year. Will my current salary impact my post-mba figures? Does recruiters look at the previous salary as a parameter, or is it just the work-ex that matters?
Page 1 of 1
venkysrini Says
I'm a 6+ years experienced professional planning to do an executive mba next year. Will my current salary impact my post-mba figures? Does recruiters look at the previous salary as a parameter, or is it just the work-ex that matters?

Your question is very vague. What are the specific? Which field post MBA? What field pre-MBA? Which target schools?

I will try my best to answer. Your post-MBA salary depends on a few things

CAREER CHOICE: Some careers are more lucrative than others. For instance, investment bankers usually make more than management consultants, who in turn make more than people working at corporate headquarters.

INTERVIEWING SKILLS: If you are able to convince your interviewer - through depth of your understanding and communication skills among many other criterions - that you are the best person for the job, they will pay you.

CHOICE OF PROGRAM: Rank of the business school and fulltime/partime. Top companies go to top schools and pay top dollars. Fulltime students usually have a significant advantage over other programs in recruiting.

PREVIOUS SALARY: At top US bschool, I never heard a discussion around that. Perhaps having prior experience in career of choice makes an impact, but I am not too sure if it does in a big way.

EkdumDhakkan
Booth 2009, IIT 2001
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...