Current NUS MBA student accepting questions

62 Posts  ·  253 Users
About this group
Hi, I am a current NUS MBA student happy to accept questions and help people interested in applying to and attending NUS. Just one caveat - please understand that we're towards the end of our semester here and so I will not reply to yo...
Page 1 of 7

Hi I am confused about when to give GMAT so that I have a good enough work ex at the the time of applying. 1) Is work ex of 2 years at the time of applying not as good as 3-4 years work ex? 2) How recent should be the GMAT score for it to be considered effectively? Please help! TIA

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I have 2 big questions that is really bothering me before applyting to MBA programme at NUS. It would be really great if anyone can shed his or her lights on the same.

1) I have given GRE. MBA@NUS accepts both GRE and GMAT. Does MBA@NUS give preference to GMAT?

2) I am eying Product Management roles after MBA. How is the job market in SGP for PM roles in technical companies. And do companies hire graduates from NUS without rich expriences in PM roles.

2 comments
Kudan
@Kudan  ·  14 karma

Product Management role may not require rich experience but yes they generally ask for 2 year experience in the specific role.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Kudan
@Kudan  ·  14 karma

NUS prefers GRE. But for this year you need to reconfirm.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey , first of all a big thanks for being open to help, it means a lot. Could you share your thoughts on my chances of making it to NUS MBA given my profile is as - CSE graduate from NIT, academics >90 throughout, working in an IT firm as a developer for 1.5 years. Don't have extracurriculars worth mentioning. What all is expected for an admit and how can I work for it, in what time frame ?

1 comment
StepVue
@StepVue  ·  4 karma

Hi Devya, Your academics are great for NUS MBA, however NUS MBA requires minimum 2 years of work-ex. If you have that by now (since the post is from April) we can work together on your application. Also, what's your GMAT? Best, Abhijeet

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi , I am looking for any guidance with regards to what to expect during the preliminary interview ? Any help is very much appraciated. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can someone please help me with profile evaluation for NUS? X CGPA 9.0 XII 80.6% GMAT 650 Q49 V28 IR 5.0 I completed engineering in 2016 with aggregate 73.85%. For the last 2 years I am working in capgemini as a senior software engineer. I won the project star award for excellence in customer Delivery. I am also working for WeCare, a group of capgemini which works for various NGOs. I was a member of school council. I have participated in various singing competitions also a singer of TGIM group in capgemini. Managed a project exhibition in college. Responsible for managing KT sessions to juniors in office.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For those who applied in Round 2 (31st March, 2018 deadline), are you done with your interviews? Any updates on the application? 

2 comments
gmat730
@gmat730  ·  0 karma

received a preliminary interview invite

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
roysoham29
@roysoham29  ·  0 karma

can you kindly share your profile?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, is there anyone who has got a call with a GRE score? If so, what was the score to make the cut ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello friends, I had received a preliminary interview invite in the first week of March, the interview went well but I have not heard back from admissions committee since then. How much time does the adcom normally take for calling for next round of interview?

1 comment
aditi.narayanan
@aditi.narayanan  ·  0 karma

Hi, is there anyone who has got a call with a GRE score? If so, what was the score to make the cut?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all, I am a new admit to this year's NUS MBA. I come from a financial services background with experience in there's management sector. would any of you be able to throw some light on the job opportunities in Singapore in this sector?

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
Suhani09Pj
@Suhani09Pj  ·  1 karma

After how long did you get the result of pre interview?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
aditi.narayanan
@aditi.narayanan  ·  0 karma

Hi, is there anyone who has got a call with a GRE score? If so, what was the score to make the cut ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone throw light on how much time does the admission team take to respond to an application ?

1 comment
Jyotsna93
@Jyotsna93  ·  0 karma

6-8 weeks I believe

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...