CRITICAL REASONING: Questions

35 Posts  ·  27 Users
About this group
Here I will post some best critical reasoning questions.
Page 1 of 4

post the answers plz

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

The answers should be:

13- d
14- e
15- b

explns:

13- argument: government don't maintain property nicely

weakent=> government does maintain property nicely instead of private also don't maintain property nicely.

Therefore (D)- even after nationalization of some private property they didn't complain becoz govt maintained them properly.

14- I think the answer is understandably E

15 - Confusion could be: "There are, however, as many degrees and variations of B vitamin
deficiencies as there are different individuals." this statement means that there are numerous diseases occuring due to different combinations of deficiencies in diffnt B vitamins.
Therefore the answer is (B)- Beriberi and Pellagra are caused by not just deficiency in one vitamin but due to deficiency in multiple vitamins.

these are my explns and not Shubodhs. Hope these are correct.

4. Poly-chlorinated biphenyls, a versatile group of chemicals used in Michigan in recent years to aid in the cultivation of animal feed grain, should be banned immediately lest they cause more harm to humans. Residual traces of the biphenyls used in the cultivation of feed grain have been found in the cow feed distributed to hundreds of Michigan farmers over the past three years.

Which of the following most conclusively strengthens the argument above?
(A) Scientists have observed an unusually high rate of intestinal cancer among consumers of Michigan dairy products over the past two years.
(B) Traces of poly-chlorinated biphenyls have been found in the blood and urine of many Michigan cows.
(C) Agricultural scientists have raised doubtsas to the effectiveness of poly-chlorinatedbiphenyls in promoting the growth of nutritiousgrain products for cows.
(D) Industrial scientists who contributed to the research and development of poly-chlorinated biphenyls conducted extensive tests to ascertain the safety of the chemicals.
(E) The rate of sterility among Michigan cows greatly exceeds the national average.

Analysis
Conclusion: biphenyls should be banned from use in growing cow feed in Michigan because they pose a threat to humans. To make the connection between biphenyls and human health problems, there must be a connection between Michigan cows and humans who suffer health problems. If, for instance, (A) consumers of Michigan dairy products have recently been found to have a high rate of intestinal cancer, it's likely that the traces of biphenyls in the food fed to the cows were also ingested by humans and caused the cancer.
(B)Just because biphenyls were in the cows' systems doesn't necessarily mean that they were transferred to humans.
(C)Doesn't show that biphenyls harmed either the cows or humans.
(D)Weakens the argument by suggesting that biphenyls have been proven safe.
(E)Suggests that Michigan cows were affected, but makes no connection to problems in humans.

but how can we be sure that the cancer has been caused by this drug only. It may be due to some other cause. Keeping this in mind, whats the case with option B. It really boils down to the question that is the connection between human and this drug more significant than far more convincing facts.

@Subodh Kant...no posts on this thread from 7-12-2006 onwards.:| Please keep posting CR questions as CET is just 2 months away.

my choice E, E, D

my take same as nuisance

13.e
14.e
15.d

Why aren't the ans posted here? :S:
I was expecting to see another set of Practice Questions

My take:
13-15
EED

My take (am not sure too 😞 )

13.B
14.C
15.A

my take....
(am not sure):

13: E
14: E
15: D