Cricket Dream Team (All Time)

187 Posts  ·  75 Users
About this group
Just saw a similar thread for Football.... Why not one for cricket.... Considered players who've played test cricket after 1900. Here I go : 1\. Jack Hobbs 2\. Sunil Gavaskar 3\. DG Bradman 4\. BC Lara (debatable??) 5\. Wally Ha...
Page 1 of 19

Quite debatable, but i will only pick those cricketers, whose footage i had seen.Here's my dream test team.

1. Mathew Hayden
2. Viru Sehwag.
3. Sir. Viv Rachards
4. SRT
5. Brian Lara
6. Rickey Ponting
7. Adam Gilchrist
8. Andrew Flintoff/Wasim Akram
9. Dale Styne
10. Warne/Murali
11. Glen Mc.Grath
S[he] [be]lie[ve]d
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To fellow Indian cricket fans.. Please report the following video..as the uploader has deliberately tried to malign India with the title and description.. Please do it for our country..find the contents of my report in the attachment.

Thank you,

Indian

There is more to life than sucess and failure, see this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk3I9Pjhh_E
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Stevien said: Planet Test Cricket X1 1. Sir Jack Hobbs 2. Smashing Mathew Hayden 3. Sir Don Bradman 4. Cricket God Sachin Tendulkar 5. Sir Vivian Richards 6. Sir Garfield Sobers 7. Dashing Adam Gilchrist 8. Magical Shane Warne 9. Swing king Wasim Arram 10. Bowling Mastro Glenn McGrath 11. Fiery Dennis Lillee
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Planet Test Cricket X1
1. Sir Jack Hobbs
2. Smashing Mathew Hayden
3. Sir Don Bradman
4. Cricket God Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sir Vivian Richards
6. Sir Garfield Sobers
7. Dashing Adam Gilchrist
8. Magical Shane Warne
9. Swing king Wasim Arram
10. Bowling Mastro Glenn McGrath
11.Fiery Dennis Lillee

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Just saw a similar thread for Football....
Why not one for cricket....
Considered players who've played test cricket after 1900.
Here I go :

1. Jack Hobbs
2. Sunil Gavaskar
3. DG Bradman
4. BC Lara (debatable??)
5. Wally Hammond
6. Garfield Sobers
7. Alan Knott (far superior to Gilchrist as a keeper,
reliable bat to boot)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Malcolm Marshall
(inarguably the best among the great WestIndian fast bowlers..
Was no mug with the bat unlike Dennis Lillie)
10.Shane Warne
11.Sydney Barnes

12th Man : Bill O'Reilly

Fairly representative of all eras...

O'Reilly - probably the most underrated bowler in the history of test cricket, is the reserve spinner.

PS: There is an ancient dream-team thread for contemporary players...Didn't want to resuscitate it.

Test Team:
-Jack Hobbs (with 199/197 first class centuries, I can't think any other name when it comes to the opener)
-Barry Richards(though he played only 4 test matches with an average of 72+ but perhaps he was one of the most prolific batsman in the South-Africa and world)
-Sir Don Bradman( Do I need to explain?)
-Sachin Tendulkar ( with 15000 runs/51 centuries under his belt, do I need to say more? Though it can be a matter of debate as there is Lara but when it comes to longevity no one can beat the master. Please , I am not his fanboi)
-Viv Richards (One of the batsman who produced fear in the mind of bowlers, his 56 ball century is still fresh in my mind.)
-Garry Sobers (Only player after Sir Don Bradman on whom i have no doubts.)
-Adam Gilchrist (One of the finest keeper cricket have ever produced, and add his batting skills to it)
-Wasim Akram (With his sheer cleverness, he can take wickets even on a highways)
-Malcolm Marshall (No doubt at all, 380 wickets at 20.94 average.. Whadda Player)
-Sydney Barnes( I know not many of you know him but he is arguably the best bowler when it comes to taking wickets)
-Shane Warne ( he can bowl you by his charisma too, leave alone the bowling. I dont need to talk about that)
12th man: Jacques Kallis (If there had been no Garry, there will be Kallis)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ODI

1) Sachin Tendulkar: Automatically picks himself up.

2) Sanath Jayasuriya: Was contemplating over Sehwag, but given the fact that both are as menacing as it can get and jayasuriya's handy off spin could add an extra dimension to the team. The guy has 323 wickets in odis plus 13430 runs

3)Jacques Kallis: After the devastating opening, you will need a solid no-3. 11000 runs and 267 wickets.He could be selected in any team on either of the attributes.

4) Ricky Ponting: One of the most charismatic batsmen to have played ever. Have played several match winning knocks. Rated and fairly so only after bradman in Australia.An amazing fielder too.

5)Michael Hussey:Was in great confusion between bevan and hussey and finally picked the later. Hussey is a must pick for any ODI team, scores run without getting noticed and a great finisher.:clap:

6) MS Dhoni(C)- Now many will argue on this, but I personally rate him high over sangakkara and gilchrist in odis. Infact I consider him as one of the best odi batsman ever.Dhoni used to bat on no-3/4 earlier in his carrer. He batted there for a substantial amount of time. And his records are simply astonishing: 33 matches, 1800+ runs with an average of 77. He could have broken many records if he continued to bat on no-3. Plus he is one of the greatest players to don the captaincy hat.An awesome finisher and have played many match winning knocks in his career spanning over 6 years.

7)Lance Klusener: 192 wickets at 29 and 3500 runs at 41 in a not so big carrer. An amazing player to have on no-7. Just imagine hussey,dhoni,klusener on 5,6,7. Almost every match in your pocket. Contemplated about kapil dev too. But klusener made the cut.

My bowling combo will be same as tests

8 )Wasim Akram

9)Shane Warne

10)Curtly Ambrose

11) Muralidharan

In all probabilities I would have included Viv Richards at no-4, if only I have seen him batting 😐
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Test

1) Sunil Gavaskar: The man who performed so well against arguably the best attack of world(Carribean,without helmets and guards) automatically picks himself up as an opener. Plus a great 4th innings batsman.

2)Virendra Sehwag: A very very effective match winner. How many players in the world can boast of an average of 53 with a strike rate of 82? None.His very presence at the top is an intimidating one, and can take the match away from opposition in 1st session of day 1 itself.

3)Rahul Dravid: A great team man, THE WALL in true sense. The guy who has played maximum deliveries in test cricket(though he hasn't played the maximum matches yet). His amazing temperament and dedication even at the age of 38 is simply mind blowing.So many times in his career he has literally opened the innings ;). And so many times he has seen wickets tumbling at another end, but he always stood like a rock. No doubt the man is involved in highest no of partnerships.

4) Sir Donald Bradman: Haven't seen him batting, but 99.94 and 29 centuries(including 3 triple and 12 double ) in 52 test matches. Period.

5) Sachin Tendulkar: Modern day bradman they say. One of the most naturally talented players to have ever played. 15000 runs and 99 centuries speaks for themselves.

6) Garry Sobers: An average of 58 in tests and 235 wickets in 93 matches. The man could bowl left arm orthodox, wrist spin and also fast- medium :w00t: and in batting he was a legend.

7) Adam Gilchrist(C)- Best no-7 to have in your team. Could destroy the opposition in a matter of seconds and could turn the course of any match. ( Flower was a better batsman, but he used to bat on 4-5)

8 )Wasim Akram: King of swing. Plus makes the tail a very short one. Perhaps the best left arm seamer to have ever played.

9) Shane warne: The greatest leg spinner of all times. Magician in true sense.

10) Mutthaiyya Muralidharan: 800 wickets. Period. He along with warne would have formed a great off spin leg spin combo.

11)CurtlyAmbrose: I haven't seen how the quartet of marshall, holding, roberts, garner bowled. But of what I have seen, Ambrose is the most lethal and dangerous bowler to have bowled ever. 405 wickets at 20.99 says enough.

I am very very disappointed not to include a certain Brian Lara :-(
also Jack hobbs/Len Hutton could make any dream team as openers.Missed out on carribean quartet too, but then you can include only 11 😐
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ODI:
A.Gilchrist
S.Tendulkar
G.Gambhir
J.Kallis
T.Dilshan
M.Bevan
MS Dhoni (c)
D.Steyn
S.Warne
G.McGrath
Zaheer Khan

Sub: Shane Bond
Stephen Fleming
Abdul Razzaq
Muralitharan

TESTS:
V.Sehwag
M.Hayden
R.Dravid
J.Kallis
Mohammed Yusuf
M.Hussey
MS Dhoni (c)
Shane Warne
D.Steyn
G.McGrath
Wasim Akram

Subs: Ian Bell
James Anderson
S.Tendulkar
A.Donald

T20s:
C.Gayle
T.Dilshan
S.Raina
V.Kohli
R.Ten Doeschate
MS Dhoni (c)
A.Razzaq
G.Swann
D.Steyn
D.Bollinger
L.Malinga

Subs:
A.Morkel
C.Kieswetter
G.Gambhir
Zaheer Khan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

nyc idea:

Don Bradman
Sachin Tendulkar
Sehwag
Gilchrist
Murlidharan
A. donald
Dale Steyn
Clive Lyod(c)
shane warne
J Kallis
Ricky Pointing/Rahul Dravid/M.Beven/A.Flower

This team can kick any team in the world

Rachit Sachdeva Institute for Financial Management & Research, Chennai [IFMR Batch(2013-15)] Team-External Relations
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My pick: (Test)

Sachin
Ponting(C)
Dravid
VVS
Lara
Kallis
Akram
Ambrose