Creating a better search engine on Pagalguy

18 Posts  ·  14 Users
About this group
Hi Guys you must have felt that during times when you have to search pertaining to some topic the search engine gives many more non useful links and it takes a hell lot of time to scan through all the links and get required information. So i wil...
Page 1 of 2
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/archive/index.php/ ....Ultra-fast, if u can recall older thread titles 😃

Cheers
|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

jhakkkaazzzz.
it works grt buddy.
kaha tha tu itne din?
thnx a lot
Originally Posted by neogarfield
Imagine you want to search for "IIM-K" in pagalguy.
>First go to www.google.com or www.google.co.in
>In the search box, type "site:razz:agalguy.com IIM-K" without the quotes.
>Click search
The results pertaining to IIM-K from Pagalguy.com forums will be displayed.

This method is more effective since the forum search displays the most recent post having the words "IIM-K" but in Google, the most relevant, and popular page, pertaining to "IIM-K",is displayed, thus we get a better result...

Oye this works oye....and better than PG's search.....

😃 Cheers...

Does any body here have any idea how much does Google charge for integrating its search with the website....viz...you would have observed that at times the search is powered by google...how much does google charge for the same?

Actually google PAYS you for that 😉 Sign up for adsense, and google enabled search on your site is an option to choose from, and you get payed each time someone searches for something 😃
>In the search box, type "site:pagalguy.com IIM-K" without the quotes.
>Click search

This method is more effective since the forum search displays the most recent post having the words "IIM-K" but in Google, the most relevant, and popular page, pertaining to "IIM-K",is displayed, thus we get a better result...

even i do the same many a times...

Does any body here have any idea how much does Google charge for integrating its search with the website....viz...you would have observed that at times the search is powered by google...how much does google charge for the same?
try this on google:

site: pagalguy.com search query

This is what I do

It works for me most of the times

It works for me too..

I think the Googling technique would work fine .. but does not always come up with working threads

>In the search box, type "site:pagalguy.com IIM-K" without the quotes.
>Click search

wow ... thats a seriously cool bit of info....
after my mdi reject i was hunting around for the post ur kicks here page.... and the 1st 3 pages from pagalguy search dint have the thread.....:neutral:
vahgar
@vahgar  ·  282 karma

yea, I have a hard time with searching stuff using PG's engine..I get any random result! This google idea I guess shd work better..

No probs buddy 😃