Cracking VA/RC in CAT

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi, I am a student of NSIT, New Delhi. I am fairly decent in quant and DI but the problem i am facing is in VA and RC. My accuracy is quite poor and i am not finding a way to come out of this. Please help me and refer some good ways to deal w...
Page 1 of 1

hi,

here is what i've heard from different people about how they crack VA and RC.

RC
A lot of poeple say that general reading helps a lot, especially in RC (newspapers, editorials, business news, business magazines etc.). The reason is that if you are used to reading and assimilating info a lot, while you go through a passage you can do away with stuff like noting down the main points, underlining important info in each paragraph and all other such tactics that might help you, but take time and make your reading much slower. In short, I think that doing all that slows you down.

Try reading without pointing your pencil along as you read, you know, don't take it too seriously (it only makes you nervous and lose concentration while you read). Instead, if you read it like you read any article in a magazine, you will have a genuine interest in what you are reading and you will be able to understand it better.

This applies to passages from which direct questions are asked and also abstract ones. What I have found works is first look for a set of more or less direct questions from a passage and tackle that passage before going to the abstract ones (but when i took cat, i was all nerves and attempted the wrong passages and got 90% of my RC wrong. otherwise, i have a very good accuracy rate). A lot of my friends have tried reading passages without a pencil and it helped tremendously.

VA
As for VA, I don't know what to say. Depends from person to person. I've always found that in VA, you should never work from the options.

--
Wait and see what everybody has got to say. and try some of the tips. you never know what may work for you.

regards,
meenu

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,

I am a student of NSIT, New Delhi. I am fairly decent in quant and DI but the problem i am facing is in VA and RC. My accuracy is quite poor and i am not finding a way to come out of this. Please help me and refer some good ways to deal with this.

Sameer

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.