CPA or indian CA

7 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
hi guys, i;m in 11th in a CBSE school. i really dunno wat to do. i thot CPA qualification wud be the way to go, but my dad wants me to take indian ca. he says that i can graduate from a good college and get my ca in 4 years, whereas if i grad...
Page 1 of 1

There was no need to open a new thread for this.Check this one-
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

Just have a look at the date of the last post too.Avoid digging up old threads.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,
I have done B.Com from Mumbai University.
I want to do CPA. Can anyone please tell me in detail whether I can do this degree course from India.

Regards.

does that mean we can study n complete the training hrs in india itself???

bizskool Says
US CPA is a much revered qual in US as well as India. Anyday u get a upper hand in IB's with CPA.

I would beg to differ a bit with you on the latter part. I mean, IBs are flodded with IIT/IIM grads and CFAs especially. There are CAs/CPAs but then they have relevant work experince in IB/Research. I have not seen a single case where a fresher CPA directly got an entry into IB in INDIA. Could be that in the US it may be different !
Regards,
Tumtum.

US CPA is a much revered qual in US as well as India. Anyday u get a upper hand in IB's with CPA.

First of all get the things clear.

You do not need to study in the US and get a US bachelors degree to be able to give US CPA exams. You can very well do a B.Com from a good Indian university and register for CPA from India, study in India, then go to US and give 4 exams in the US. It is only mandatory to give the exams from US, otherwise, they dont really care where you study.

I have a cousin who did it that way and is now in the US in KPMG. Nice pay and cool life!

Regards,

Tumtum.

hi guys,

i;m in 11th in a CBSE school. i really dunno wat to do. i thot CPA qualification wud be the way to go, but my dad wants me to take indian ca. he says that i can graduate from a good college and get my ca in 4 years, whereas if i graduate from US, it will take 4 years, plus 1 or 2 years to study and give CPA. my question is: will i hv better chances of landing an investment banking job, when i study from a good bschool in US, or India?

thanks