Cornell Johnson vs ISB

14 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, Have got through Cornell Johnson as well as ISB and now I'm really confused as to where I should head... In the long run I would want to come back and stay in India which is where ISB is really kicking in! However, I feel that the ex...
Page 1 of 2

* i have a similar problem

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys...I had a similar problem....I have 2.5 years of work ex at Deloitte. this is the first year that I applied..I got an accept from Mccombs and an interview call from ISB. However I got rejected after the interview. I am only 23 so willing to wait. I dont have any geogrophical preferences just want a kick ass MBA...do you guys think I should wait or got to Mccombs..please help...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi target_2007,

Am a new member to this forum. Your last post on this thread was 3 yrs back and we don't know yet whether you opted for Cornell or ISB??

Seems like you went to Cornell..would be glad if you could share the experience.

Thanks,
midas1

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
kai Says
ISB is no match for cornell university.:nono:average sat score

@kai Did you notice the last post before posting ?

Mods I think this thread should be closed now.
There is no formula for success, except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life & what it brings
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

ISB is no match for cornell university.:nono:average sat score

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I've really thought about it & spoken to a number of ppl as well... while in the short run ISB seems to have a better ROI.. I feel that in the long run Cornell is the better option.
International exposure is not really a concern since I have already done my undergrad abroad & have worked for abt a yr in US/Europe as well. What really attracts me to ISB is that I'll be done in 1 yr & will get to stay back in India as well. However, I will be in a class with almost 50% ppl from IT which is kind of disappointing... Learning from your peers is one of the key aspects of the MBA!
I kind of disagree with you on the point that Cornell is not exactly the top of the brands. It has consistently been ranked for a long time now (& in almost all rankings) as a Top 15 B-School... and is only going to climb up the ladder if one looks at the changes it is making in its curriculum & faculty which makes me feel that it should be a totally different transformational experience as compared to ISB. Their applications have gone up by more than 60% this yr indicating that more & more ppl see it as a Top upcoming B-School.
If not for ISB's location & the fact that it's 1 yr the choice would have been simple... Darn!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I really dont think it is as simple a choice as some feel. Cornell is not exactly the top of the brands, Ivy is not that big a factor in mba. And ISB and India's stock will only rise. From a purely investment point of view i would think ISB would win. You should consider what your goals are, and if they match with your work ex think strongly about ISB.

If on the other hand you crave for an international education for expansion of mind as we say in essays, the diversity in US colleges is priceless.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks Bro... !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I'm surprised you even had to think of this???
Cornell any day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its one of the best Univs in the world. ratan tata is from there so you should have a big job waiting at Tata for you.
best of luck. it will be 2 amazing years ahead for you.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks buddy! I am almost certain on Cornell now 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...