Core Business School Indore

16 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
Hello Puys, I am looking for residential business school for MBA. I have heard too much about Core Business School in Indore. Please make suggestions. :: Manish
Page 1 of 2

Hi Rinky,
I m Priyank Jain student of Core Business School and I m currently working with Airtel MPCG as a summer trainee. I find ur post abt the number of permanent faculty at CBS very irrelevant. Please dont judge on number, i think u shud judge on the quality aspect. By the way the student faculty ratio at CBS is 10:1 and that is something what i called the USP of CBS. I believe that this college is the one of the best residential B-school in central India. As per the AICTE norms the college can only admit 60 students in a batch. Also the faculty who works here are totally dedicated and responsive to their areas of interest and the also belong to India's Premiere B-Schools. And I think u shud do proper research before writing anything abt any institute.

Best luck
Priyank Jain

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

HI,

I dont wanna confuse you guys but its the fact that they really dont have too many permanent faculty and offcourse they are charging you 4.8 lacs for two years for PG Diploma in Management course. Its questionable that where are they devoting this entire fee to??

Hi Shveta,
If you are asking about admission process at Indore Management Institute that what I know is that they have adopted a three stage selection process for admission in MBA. Aptitude Test, GD & PI. Based on scores in their aptitute test and academic excellence, work experience, extracurricular & clarity of purpose candidates are short listed & invited to GD & PI held at their campus in Indore. Candidates scoring high marks in CAT, MAT, ATMA,MET,CET can apply directly for GD & PI. In case you need more information you can browse their website

hi.....thanks 4 ur info............actually i dnt knw hw many colgs r dre in indore which takes mat scores. i wanted 2 knw dat

hi all i want to knw slection is thru mpmet or d colgs accept mat/atma/cat/xat ??

Re: How is Core Business School in Indore - 23-12-2009, 09:14 PM - Add Post To Favorites

Hey Puys,
How the preparation is going for MP-MET.
I visited Core Business School city office yesterday after listening their ad on Radio.
I met to one faculty there, who is from XLRI, things he told me really impressed me a lot. If the Core Business School is doing what they are openly promising then I think my search of a good management education is over.
I am surely going to take admission in Core Business School.
I would also advice Indori Janta looking to take admission this year should visit, Core Business School and talk to faculties available there to get more clarity on good MBA education.
C ya all for now will come soon with more updates.

Dear All,
Update 1:

I met Core Business school people in NaiDunia Career Fair. I found it interesting but to check what they are claiming, I went to Core Business School city office in Orbit Mall as well as at campus on sanver road. I checked all the features which they claim. This is the outcome.

1.Virtual Learning Environment- Believe me I have not seen such a good IT system for academic so far in my life. The inbuilt TurnIt In software is awesome. Basically it does not allow students to cut-copy-paste assignments from google. IF someone would copy any text from any digitized source in the world this TurnIt In software would show the source from where the text has been copied, hence life at Core is going to be tough

2.Physical Library- I have gone through the list of books and the sample books which Core Business School is going to procure. They are planning to have more than 1200+ books in first year for student reference. CBS is also going to provide core text book for all the courses we would be going through in 2 years :)

3.Physical Infrastructure I went to see campus at Sanver Road to see the infrastructure. Its in finishing stage where POP work and painting work is going on. Its well planned campus where Boys hostel, Girls Hostel, Dining room, Academic Blocks are almost ready. Conference room and reading room is being built. Though its 2 acre small campus but very well designed to take care of basic needs as well as to make life vibrant for 2 years :)

4.Faculties- I met with few faculties also, Mrs. Rekha Attri would be teaching courses from marketing, she has great student following in Daily College Business School, also Meetesh Sir from XLRI Jamshedpur would be taking care of some of the subjects from Marketing field. Sunil Chaturvedi, Dean(Academics) will be taking care of courses from finance field, along with him Dhiraj Sir from Goa Institute of Management would be guiding us in finance. Sunil Sir has been teaching in DCBS for almost 10 years :)

5.Personality Development Program: Core Business School has tied up with The Edge Makers for grooming students on 10 managerial skills including communication, time management, negotiationetc. Experts from The Edge Makers would be coming to campus from term I to term V, 6 hours in a week so that students have round the year development. I think this initiative of Core Business School Impresses me the most because in central India the biggest problem we face is of soft skills. If we have to compete with people from metros we need to have these initiatives as a part of our life at MBA college:)

In all I am satisfied with the things turning up at Core Business School. What they are saying in their counseling, they are trying to provide more than that.
I have decided to apply Core Business School, Puys who are looking for quality MBA in Indore do apply. Last date to apply is 30th April 2009. Written test is on 5th May and GD & PI is on 8-9th May 2009. Final results would be probably out by 10th April. You can trust on this info, it has been given by Dean himself.:)

This info is really awesome, thanks a ton Man_in_black.
I would like to visit city office and campus to see these features.
I am very happy with the fact that they are so transparent. even a prospective student is able to see all the facilities they are providing.
C u all soon with updates on Core Business School

Dear All,
Update 1:

I met Core Business school people in NaiDunia Career Fair. I found it interesting but to check what they are claiming, I went to Core Business School city office in Orbit Mall as well as at campus on sanver road. I checked all the features which they claim. This is the outcome.

1.Virtual Learning Environment- Believe me I have not seen such a good IT system for academic so far in my life. The inbuilt TurnIt In software is awesome. Basically it does not allow students to "cut-copy-paste" assignments from google. IF someone would copy any text from any digitized source in the world this TurnIt In software would show the source from where the text has been copied, hence life at Core is going to be tough

2.Physical Library- I have gone through the list of books and the sample books which Core Business School is going to procure. They are planning to have more than 1200+ books in first year for student reference. CBS is also going to provide core text book for all the courses we would be going through in 2 years :)

3.Physical Infrastructure - I went to see campus at Sanver Road to see the infrastructure. Its in finishing stage where POP work and painting work is going on. Its well planned campus where Boys hostel, Girls Hostel, Dining room, Academic Blocks are almost ready. Conference room and reading room is being built. Though its 2 acre small campus but very well designed to take care of basic needs as well as to make life vibrant for 2 years :)

4.Faculties- I met with few faculties also, Mrs. Rekha Attri would be teaching courses from marketing, she has great student following in Daily College Business School, also Meetesh Sir from XLRI Jamshedpur would be taking care of some of the subjects from Marketing field. Sunil Chaturvedi, Dean(Academics) will be taking care of courses from finance field, along with him Dhiraj Sir from Goa Institute of Management would be guiding us in finance. Sunil Sir has been teaching in DCBS for almost 10 years :)

5.Personality Development Program: Core Business School has tied up with The Edge Makers for grooming students on 10 managerial skills including communication, time management, negotiationetc. Experts from The Edge Makers would be coming to campus from term I to term V, 6 hours in a week so that students have round the year development. I think this initiative of Core Business School Impresses me the most because in central India the biggest problem we face is of soft skills. If we have to compete with people from metros we need to have these initiatives as a part of our life at MBA college:)

In all I am satisfied with the things turning up at Core Business School. What they are saying in their counseling, they are trying to provide more than that.
I have decided to apply Core Business School, Puys who are looking for quality MBA in Indore do apply. Last date to apply is 30th April 2009. Written test is on 5th May and GD & PI is on 8-9th May 2009. Final results would be probably out by 10th April. You can trust on this info, it has been given by Dean himself.:)

Hi people,
I have applied to Core Business School. last date to apply is 30th April.
If u wish to apply do it before 30th April and the written test is happening on 5th May.
Best of luck

Dear Janta,
Please respond to the queries posted above.
I am desperately looking for your advice.:|
I need to take a call within few days only.
Respond on good colleges in Indore including Core Business School, Proton, IMI, IMS....etc.

Hi Neo,
As some one said in above posts, I also think one should go for Residential Business School for MBA education. My bro passed out from IIM-B says "what u learn in MBA is not in a day time but in night, when u interact with different people for different purposes like group projects, event management etc"
I think out of all the options u mentioned above or there in Indore, only IIM-Indore and Core Business School are having these facilities. now as far as quality of IIM is concern, its unquestionable but for Core Business School u need to meet with the people associated with it.
But the final word would be "Go for Residential MBA program" because all top B-schools in India are residential business schools.

I hope i tried to help u.