Considering MBA in IIM/INSEAD

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi, I am new to PagalGuy forum.(just registered today). I have around 14 years of experience in IT (first in top indian company/then top american investment banks(GS/JPM) and now with a British vendor of trading products(Front office and midd...
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am new to PagalGuy forum.(just registered today). I have around 14 years of experience in IT (first in top indian company/then top american investment banks(GS/JPM) and now with a British vendor of trading products(Front office and middle office). All total around 11 years in Japan and i have been very hands on technically with project managerial responsibilities. (with PMP Certification).I want to go back to India in a year or 2 to take up any consulting role in BFSI vertical(mostly my experience has been with Front office and middle office). I was thinking a MBA would help to grow out of this technical role. But i have not appeared for GMAT yet. I was looking for either INSEAD or IIMs. Do you think an full time MBA or an executive MBA will be good for me ?There are not many opportunities for executive MBA with English education here in Tokyo. I have applied for Fox School of business(Temple University Ranked 43 in EMBA) , but not sure whether that helps me in furthering my career goal.Looking at INSEAD the average year for applicants in full time MBA seems 29 years.So do you think i am bit old for that ? EMBA in INSEAD is not an option as i don't work in Singapore.Financially i have decent savings and can manage the fees on my own.
Any feedback is welcome.

hi there.
i believe you can try for the management & consulting roles in India without going for MBA.
if you are still very keen on going for an MBA then executive MBA is the thing you should consider.
a regular 2 year MBA will be a bit long for you, rest is your choice.
if you want to spend 2 years in college, then go for the 2 year program. :)

no, you are not older for any MBA program in the world.
internationally, it is even better if you go for MBA after such amount of experience.

go for it only if you find it very hard to switch over to the consulting roles.
i believe you can easily get one of them, without MBA degree.
best of luck.
www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
https://www.facebook.com/abhishek.pnb

Hi,

I am new to PagalGuy forum.(just registered today). I have around 14 years of experience in IT (first in top indian company/then top american investment banks(GS/JPM) and now with a British vendor of trading products(Front office and middle office). All total around 11 years in Japan and i have been very hands on technically with project managerial responsibilities. (with PMP Certification).I want to go back to India in a year or 2 to take up any consulting role in BFSI vertical(mostly my experience has been with Front office and middle office). I was thinking a MBA would help to grow out of this technical role. But i have not appeared for GMAT yet. I was looking for either INSEAD or IIMs. Do you think an full time MBA or an executive MBA will be good for me ?There are not many opportunities for executive MBA with English education here in Tokyo. I have applied for Fox School of business(Temple University Ranked 43 in EMBA) , but not sure whether that helps me in furthering my career goal.Looking at INSEAD the average year for applicants in full time MBA seems 29 years.So do you think i am bit old for that ? EMBA in INSEAD is not an option as i don't work in Singapore.Financially i have decent savings and can manage the fees on my own.
Any feedback is welcome.