Confusion Regarding Aieee And Iit Jee Admission

5 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hey guys, Lemme first introduce myself and then will be telling u my problem I am a Final Year Student of MBBS and my brother cracked both IIT JEE as well as the AIEEE As u guys must be knowing, the counselling for IIT is already ...
Page 1 of 1

thanks a lot Sri for that insight into the matter, and i am really thankful to u for grading the NITs coz that was the biggest concern for me

and thanks a lot to u also deepti coz the blogs helped me a lopt and my bro saythat he will be combining both of the things and he decided that he will be opting for the better institute first and then he will choose the better stream available there......

anyways according to the first indicative seat matrix my bro is probably going to get comp sci at surathkul

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
No doubt IITs have their advantages in terms of - alumni, brand and value add. But, in my opinion, stream is something that would decide what you'll do for the rest of your life - unless o'course he takes a lateral shift into something else by way of higher education or job.

Sometime back, I read a blog posting on the same - see if the views expressed there makes sense to you / your bro:

http://youthcurry.blogspot.com/2006/06/iit-at-any-cost-or.html
http://youthcurry.blogspot.com/2006/06/iit-at-any-cost-part-ii.html

Read the comments as well to be able to appriciate both sides of the argument.

hey i am not doubting the importance of choosing the stream u like..infact i myself pointed out to exceptions of people overlooking IITs.. But overall, IIT is a bigger brand in India than anything else...

No doubt IITs have their advantages in terms of - alumni, brand and value add. But, in my opinion, stream is something that would decide what you'll do for the rest of your life - unless o'course he takes a lateral shift into something else by way of higher education or job.

Sometime back, I read a blog posting on the same - see if the views expressed there makes sense to you / your bro:

http://youthcurry.blogspot.com/2006/06/iit-at-any-cost-or.html
http://youthcurry.blogspot.com/2006/06/iit-at-any-cost-part-ii.html

Read the comments as well to be able to appriciate both sides of the argument.

Which institute should I get into??????.............

2.Should he be giving the Institute more importance or the Stream???????
With a possibility of him getting thro to IIT, seems bit of a no-brainer to me. But then, last year there was a stud out of PSBB who chucked an IIT seat to pursue a science degree in mathematics and the Ramanujam Mathematical Sciences Institute!! but that was more of an exception!! But IMHO, if at all he gets a seat in IIT, he must go for it.. But if he gets his stream in IIT, all the more better..

3.guys will ask u to rate the NITs in preference for the best at no 1 and the worst at no 19
i cannot rate all 19 i do not know about all 19 but i can tell u that among NITs, the south indian NITs are easily the best n i would rate them in my order of preference as
NIT Surathkal
NIT Tiruchirapalli
NIT Warangal
NIT Calicut
NIT Jaipur
NIT Bhopal
NIT Kurukshetra
NIT Allahabad

on the lower end, there would be NIT Srinagar for the simple reason that it is in kashmir n is bound to be closed quite a few times... in one year, people who opted for it were actually asked to change their preference for any other NITs...
NIT Hamirpur isnt too bright amongst the NITs too...

with regards to whether or not ur bro should opt for Naval Engg, only ur brother can decide clearly on this!! but as far as IITMadras goes, its an excellent course as a lot of practical work n research go into it.. for instance, IITMadras installed groynes on the north Chennai sea coast were the water levels were rising. This also saved the coast from extensive damage during the tsunami... also the course is global respected as being amongst the best!! so there is no problems with opting for that course..

Hey guys,

Lemme first introduce myself and then will be telling u my problem

I am a Final Year Student of MBBS and my brother cracked both IIT JEE as well as the AIEEE

As u guys must be knowing, the counselling for IIT is already over and now the counselling for AIEEE is looking him in the face........

he's one hell of a confused kiddo sitting in front of me askin me the same question repeatedly.....

Which institute should I get into??????.............

And i have no answer coz am a medico and have lost track of all developments taking place in the Engineering world............

Here are the reasons for my problems:

will be only very happy if the guys on this forum help me out

He's probably going to get a Comp Science and also an ECE seat in IT BHU, probably will manage an Ocean and Naval Engineering seat in IITs.....
1.So shud he join there or in an NIT??????Howz Ocean and Naval Engineering?????

His definite preference in Streams is

1.Electronics and Communication Engineering
2.Computer Science and Engineering
3.Electrical and Electronic Engineering
4.Mechanical Engineering
5.Electrical Engineering

2.Should he be giving the Institute more importance or the Stream???????
3. I have been getting really controversial vies when i scourge the net for info on this question and i expect a small storm on this forum also

so let me release the cat out of the bag

3.guys will ask u to rate the NITs in preference for the best at no 1 and the worst at no 19
heres the list

1. NIT Allahabad
2. NIT Bhopal
3. NIT Calicut
4. NIT Durgapur
5. NIT Hamirpur
6. NIT Jaipur
7. NIT Jalandhar
8. NIT Jamshedpur
9. NIT Nagpur
10. NIT Kurukshetra
11. NIT Patna
12. NIT Raipur
13. NIT Rourkela
14. NIT Silchar
15. NIT Srinagar
16. NIT Surat
17. NIT Surathkul
18. NIT Tiruchirapalli
19. NIT Warangal

(THIS IS IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER AND CERTAINLY ISNT MY PREFERENCE LIST)

HELP ME OUT GUYS BY RANKING THE NITS?????
WANNA ALSO KNOW THE ANSWERS TO THE FIRST QUESTIONS!!!!!!!

and please be fast the counselling is on 29th of june 2006!!!!!!!!
THANKS A LOT FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!

hey admin by mistake i posted this in the english resourses thread.............

will u please delete that one!!!!!!!!:neutral::neutral::neutral: