confused soul!!! help me.....

9 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
hi ppl, me from hyd...just finished my.b.com(april04).....tried cat03 ..flop show. :disappointed: .. so tryin agn....cat04....but iam confused these days.... :: firstly..iam getting few job offers like...bank of Am(which is on a r...
Page 1 of 1

Hi dude,

CAT - XAT and lot to prepare for BPO will not help U, Try getting into a good Inst. Try hard give in ur Best - rest leave it to GOD.

U have to apply for CAT, XAT then try diff. levels of B-School prepare for the best and buy application for the worst too, so that u may not waste a year.

You prepare well and get thro IIM I - for example. Instead of leaving that and trying for IIM A next join and be the best.

"Be the BEST amond the worst rather than Worst among the BEST"

BEST OF LUCK

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hey dude.
u are just 20.
why think of working so soon.
enjoy ur life.

and don't ever think of going into BPO.
it's not only detrimental to ur health but also to ur career.

think about CAT instead.
now is the time to prepare.

go for it.
the world could be at ur feet.

hi
plz remove any thoughts of working and start working for CAT in the right earnest . if u get a good percentile then u will surely get a call . and after getting a call all that matters is how u present urself . but to reach that stage one must get a good written score so dispel any thoughts of working and study hard for CAT . believe me it will help u coz i was in the same situation last year .

bye

well have u seen the no of ppl with workex getting in
why do u have a pessimistic view
i believe in working smart not hard
and lemme tell u one thing i know of engineers who have taken a break and got thru CAT they did not get shortlisted for day 0 or day 1 companiesfor summers
also see even for ur final plcement they see ur entire CV and short list u. So a job in Bank Am makes sense, looks good.

u may be good enuff to get a job but tht doesnt come on ur CV right.
I know lotsa ppl with low percentiles (good to get calls but lower than many like 99.30 and 99.13) who got in IIMA but they had good 2-3 yrs workex in a good company.
All i wanna say is blanks on a CV dont appear nice
IIMA form asks u abt the gaps in ur academic working acreer.
So be prepared for such stuff. (it is better if the qusestion asked in intvw is wht do u do at office abt ur organisation.. etc rather than so why did u sit at home)

And it is myth u cant get thru CAT while working ... time may be a prob but u need to work at it
and i feel majority of those who crib wud nt have got thru even by sitting at home.
(one chap was in tanzania for most of the time before CAT-1.. got 99.73%ile)

well lemme tell u working adds a lot of intangible value mentally as well
get out of the childish student appraoch of quitting everything else and sit to study.

this may appear caustic but this is my opinion after meeting lotsa ppl

dude..you have done a 3 year course and so must be 19 or 20 max.... so i think you can afford to waste an year that is provided you are ready to put in a serious effort and willing to sacrifice and once you take the decision never gonna look back and think that .. that bank am job would have been better....................

so think for some time buddy it is time to take some serious decisions... it is a risk you want to take.. and as someone was saying BPOs are here to stay and a job that you have got now you will always get later...
and as for the complex feeling look into the future and think what will happen if you get your MBA from a reputed institute...so stop comparing yourself with them and look forward to new people ... people who are also taking an year off and ready to prepare for CAT ... and then you would feel better....

all the best for your endeavour...

adios
sushanth

Go for Bank AM
u will learn other things in life abt how a company runs etc ...
good non academic learnings ...
where there is a will there is a way

and lemme tell u one thing tht in the intvws they look at ur complete past profile ..
good workex in a good company is a step in the right direction ...
and as u r a bachcha 2003 BCom ur life is waitnig ahead a year in a good company is not wasted... will help u in fact

My personal view
Go for ur job and give CAT seriously
u r supposed to be multi taksing later in life .... so start now

Regds
nirav

Hi,

If you are getting job offers right now, you surely will get one after CAT in November. BPOs are there to stay. So the job shouldn't be a consideration against CAT if you are not hard pressed on money or the pay is real big. If I were you, I would take up a job after CAT was over. Surely its a risk, if it pays you'll reach new heights. If it won't you will still be in the same position.

1. I might defer the BankAm offer to December citing some personal reasons if possible.
2. I might work for a month or so till July first week, then go on a leave for some personal reasons. If BankAm wants to take me after November, its fine or I shall have _some_ relevant work experience to show when I am applying to other companies.

Well consider you take up your job and then study:

1. The erratic time will surely hamper your going to coaching classes/ studying in groups/ taking tests which generally happen from 10 to 12 in the morning etc.
2. You might not get leave during the last weeks before CAT which requires intensive revision. Or you might have to quit the job THEN to prepare as you got to adjust your body clock to working from 10-12 in the morning which is the actual CAT timings.
3. You will have some work experience to show during interviews and some NON ACAD stuff to talk about.

I know many people who didnt get jobs after graduations or quit after working for some time (mostly engineers though) who have made it into IIMs. Do a filler course in between only if its more respected/ relevant than your basic BCom degree and it does not divert much of your time from CAT preparations.

Also, as backup, fill up the forms for MBA institutes which are a slot lower than the institutes which you are actually keen to get into. Shall save you if EVERYTHING goes wrong. Which Wont.

Bye,

AT

hi
plz remove any thoughts of working and start working for CAT in the right earnest . if u get a good percentile then u will surely get a call . and after getting a call all that matters is how u present urself . but to reach that stage one must get a good written score so dispel any thoughts of working and study hard for CAT . believe me it will help u coz i was in the same situation last year .

bye

i dont think BPO experience is gonna do u any good.... plus ur just 20 u have loads of time on ur hand y dont u give CAT another shot well prepared this time..

hi ppl,

but anyways thought that i'll do a 1yr.pgdiploma course and french course to keep myself engaged(and also i will have something to say to the interviewers)......

and wht reason will u quote 4 opting 4 this course.... french women??

hi ppl,

me from hyd...just finished my.b.com(april04).....tried cat03 ..flop show. 😞 .. so tryin agn....cat04....but iam confused these days....

firstly..iam getting few job offers like...bank of Am(which is on a recruitng spree here in hyd...) for process associate ....but agn erratic time schedules.....lot of my friends have joined though...iam confused abt this offer.....
will this work ex matter at all?
will i able to study with the given time schedules( night shifts)?
if i dont work.......then i'll be taking a year off...which is agn li'l scary....but anyways thought that i'll do a 1yr.pgdiploma course and french course to keep myself engaged(and also i will have something to say to the interviewers)......

but agn...... thought that i can work for 2-3 months and then leave the job..... is it advisable?
😐
also prob is that i havent prepared well last time..this time i intend to put in my best efforts.....so require some solid time for that.....
most of friends are taking up jobs......getting li'l complex looking at them....feel like iam wasting time..... 😞 ..iam also getting 1 or 2 non bpo offers......)
thats the situation...hope u understand.....

plzzzzzzzzz help me out!!!