Confused about taking up Marketing

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi, I am currently pursuing an MBA (MMS) degree and have to choose my specialization within a week's time. I am quite confused between finance and marketing. My inclination is towards Marketing since the idea of Branding, Product development, Ma...
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I am currently pursuing an MBA (MMS) degree and have to choose my specialization within a week's time. I am quite confused between finance and marketing. My inclination is towards Marketing since the idea of Branding, Product development, Market research etc. excites me a lot and Balancesheets, P/L accounts etc dont.

However, I am a person who would not enjoy a job which involves too much of moving about from one place to another. And my perception of marketing is that it involves just that, because I feel that Marketing involves a lot of sales and that is something I would not be very much interested in doing. I don't feel that I will be bad at sales, but its just that I don't enjoy too much of traveling and moving about. So I may probably enjoy a job profile which requires me to visit the field once in a while, but which majorly involves working from the office. Hence I am confused about whether I should go for Marketing or not.

So requesting people who have a knowledge of the various job profiles in marketing to please guide me on whether I should go for Marketing, and which profiles would suit me based on what I have stated above. Would also be thankful if someone can describe the various profiles available in mktg.

hi to PG.

Please don't open new thread. Use search option available on the homepage, to find relevant thread for posting your query.

Before you start posting please go through the following-

Search guide- http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/career...lemma-316.html (Personal/Career/CAT-job Dilemma Queries : A Repository)

@Mods pls do the needful.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,
I am currently pursuing an MBA (MMS) degree and have to choose my specialization within a week's time. I am quite confused between finance and marketing. My inclination is towards Marketing since the idea of Branding, Product development, Market research etc. excites me a lot and Balancesheets, P/L accounts etc dont.

However, I am a person who would not enjoy a job which involves too much of moving about from one place to another. And my perception of marketing is that it involves just that, because I feel that Marketing involves a lot of sales and that is something I would not be very much interested in doing. I don't feel that I will be bad at sales, but its just that I don't enjoy too much of traveling and moving about. So I may probably enjoy a job profile which requires me to visit the field once in a while, but which majorly involves working from the office. Hence I am confused about whether I should go for Marketing or not.

So requesting people who have a knowledge of the various job profiles in marketing to please guide me on whether I should go for Marketing, and which profiles would suit me based on what I have stated above. Would also be thankful if someone can describe the various profiles available in mktg.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.