Concordia University - JMSB Fall 2013 - September Intake

23 Posts  ·  22 Users
About this group
Hey Puys,I am opening this thread for all the admits of *John Molson School of Business for Fall 2013*. We can share our experiences and help finalize the admission.Warm Regards
Page 1 of 3

Hello folks, I am in the eye of the storm while selecting Undergraduate courses in Canada. Some friends recommended University of Ottawa which is in the Capital of Canada and University of Toronto. Wondering if anyone can help me decide?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How are the placements in JMSB ?

'GEM'.. I think that's enough to guess my fate
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys, Got accepted to JMSB , Fall 2015.  Anybody who also got accepted this time. . .please let me know. . . . 

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
mynameisbhanu
@mynameisbhanu  ·  0 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ashish_sail
@ashish_sail  ·  0 karma

I too got acceptance... @sharathrsavanth can I have your FB id buddy?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello!

Guys how long does it take the university to reply about acceptance? 
1 comment
aklfuri
@aklfuri  ·  0 karma

Hi .It generally takes 10-15 days .

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

With GMAT score of 620, do I stand a chance to get an interview call from John Molson School of Business. I have not submitted my application yet.

Work ex - 5 years 6 months in Cognizant

Additional Certifications :

PGPM(Executive) in Finance from IMT Ghaziabad

US CFA - Level 1

1 comment
aklfuri
@aklfuri  ·  0 karma

Hi .Yes you will be able to get into Molson with your profile.Just be prepared with a reason for second PG

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone up for the Fall [Sept] 2015 intake??

13 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 13
aklfuri
@aklfuri  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mynameisbhanu
@mynameisbhanu  ·  0 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys,

Anyone up for the Winter January 2014 cycle??

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
loser2008
@loser2008  ·  0 karma

Added u on gtalk

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
aklfuri
@aklfuri  ·  0 karma

Anyone for the Fall [Sept] 2015 intake??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys,
Has any of you received any financial aid/award from Concordia? Did you ask about it from the admission office if/when you can expect any news about scholarships?
I have asked them like 100times and I'm pissed off😠 at the vague answers they've given me. I can not find any other email other than gradprograms@jmsb.concordia.ca

What kind of school doesn't give access to it's perspective students? Only 1 email address? I don't see Arthur as a very helpful source of information. Do you guys know any other email address that I can ask my question? for example email of Dr. A. Bakr Ibrahim/Associate Dean?!!

Or if you have any information about scholarships, please let me know. Thank you

1 comment
kiranjayaram
@kiranjayaram  ·  0 karma

Hi Mehrnoosh ,all the contacts are available in their registration handbook available at johnmolson.concordia.ca/images/stories/graduate_prog/mba/docs/jmsb_mba...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all, I have accepted the offer from JMSB. Has anyone started working on getting CAQ and Visa? Has anyone scheduled a advising and registration appointment with Deborah?

11 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 11
loser2008
@loser2008  ·  0 karma

Puys, appreciate if any of you could share their exp

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
DevYork
@DevYork  ·  0 karma

The experience has been quite enriching so far. You have the flexibility to choose your courses and its a pretty diverse community over here unlike any other schools. They will approach you for scholarship once yo pay the confirmation fees based on their criteria. Not every professor is awesome but that even the top management schools have the same issue. The brand value is good in Montreal and Canada as well. The name and the ranking of the school is rising year by year. Its what you do and want out of your MBA shapes your future opportunities. They wont come to you but you have to fight for it. On closure, I would say its the decision you have to make that how much money you want to spend on your MBA? I hope it helps. All the Best 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys, I just got my acceptance email. lookround I'm wondering if they have given anyone any scholarship.
Have you received any funding from school? Where should I check to see if I have received any.
Are you accepting their offer or still thinking about your options?

One more thing, I'm told I have till May 1st to answer. Did you guys get the same timeline?
None of my other schools have yet answered and some of the schools even have deadlines till end of April. What should I do? Is there someway to postpone this May 1st?
I mean Concordia is a good school but I still need to consider the funding and if another school offers a better option, I need to consider that. (Based on rankings, Concordia is my lowest ranking)

(PS. I'm new to this forum. can someone tell me how to make a topic as my favorite? i can't find the option on my page)

13 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 13
mehrabounr
@mehrabounr  ·  0 karma

Canadianbusiness.com has some information on salaries if you like to check it.BTW: I got an email from concordia but they still have not answered my question or have not told when/if they are gonna announce scholarships. They just gave me the links to scholarship page!! It's weird and mysterious. Maybe they want to first see who accepts their offer and get the confirmation from student, then decide whom to give these awards to!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mehrabounr
@mehrabounr  ·  0 karma

Finally. This is their response: "please note that after consulting with the Admissions Advisor, awards are not handed out prior to starting the program, but only after the student has been admitted and has started the program. They may also apply for a number of in-house awards and scholarships at that time too."That clears out many things for me.I hope it helps others too.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...