Comprehend THAT!

9 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
With due respect I beg to state that from my little (_and perhaps insignifican_t) observations I have seen a number of my friends struggle when it comes to comprehension - whether it be an essay, a write-up or even a single line. The best wa...
Page 1 of 1

If we don't get the reply from the thread starter, screw it.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Or consider this -
If the baby does not drink milk, boil it.

Boil? Milk or the baby?

Well indeed I struggled like hell to comprehend it.And finally reached to two conclusions..

1) If you live in a cruel world where even hitler is put to a shame by the over the top barbaric acts prevalent everywhere, then ofcourse you will boil the baby without any doubts...but then again it leads to few ambiguities, like does boiling the baby serves any purpose?What was the purpose behind boiling the baby? because he/she didn't finish the milk..? If it was so, then what good it will do if we boil the baby...who will drink the milk? Ofcourse we can't! One another thing which seemed a bit logical to me is that boiling the baby will make it(baby) germs and bacteria free..germs and bacterias here acts like a metaphor for all the devilish and naughty character inside the baby..so if we boil the baby..the baby will become as sacrosanct as a saint..and it will learn not to refuse....so if we offer the milk to him/her then he/she will gladly accept it without showing any obstinance..

so in this world you definitely need to boil the baby...so that it drinks the milk.

2)If you live in a bit saner world, where boiling of babies is not allowed on such heinous crimes like 'not drinking the milk' then ofcourse you will boil the milk...

but again the question says ''If the baby does not drink milk, boil it''

And ''it'' here can open up the doors of several possibilities..they haven't in particular mentioned about baby or milk or chicken or newspaper or even you!

so a final conclusion is that if the baby doesn't drink milk, just boil the milk..make yourself a coffee and enjoy!

This question is a lot like the following one,

Does a tree falling in a forest make a sound if nobody is around to hear it?

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv

moving the thread to chit chat section.

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307

Mods my request to close this thread,puys will be misdirected to negative discussion waste of time and energy

With due respect I beg to state that from my little (and perhaps insignificant) observations I have seen a number of my friends struggle when it comes to comprehension - whether it be an essay, a write-up or even a single line.

Please do not open new threads for individual queries. You may continue here:
English Resources - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2011, GMAT, XAT, MAT

AT!

That is precisely what this thread is for. And you still are being equivocal altogether!
Lets see some real debates here

Cheers!!
NS

With due respect I beg to state that from my little (and perhaps insignificant) observations I have seen a number of my friends struggle when it comes to comprehension - whether it be an essay, a write-up or even a single line.

The best way to improve upon is of course - Reading and more Reading. But can you actually confirm what you've read is what you've understood and vice-versa? You take the opinion of your peers and they agree with what you have concurred. What is the guarantee that even they are right?

Let's take an example -

How can we tell what is enough unless we know what is more than enough?
How would you comprehend this?

Or consider this -

Boil? Milk or the baby?

Of course, boil YOU!
What are you trying to say by that post is beyond my car's average.
How about coupling some strategies and suggestions so that we can know whom to boil?
Else this thread too would get lost like some of Tusshar Kapoor's blockbusters.
Say wot?

AT

PS: Mods, do what you are best at. Close the thread!
The only disability in life is a bad attitude. Get rid of it!

The best way to improve upon is of course - Reading and more Reading. But can you actually confirm what you've read is what you've understood and vice-versa? You take the opinion of your peers and they agree with what you have concurred. What is the guarantee that even they are right?

Let's take an example -

How can we tell what is enough unless we know what is more than enough?
How would you comprehend this?

Or consider this -

Boil? Milk or the baby?