Comparison of PracCat, SimCat, MockCat and CL's CAT papers

7 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I am looking for some information regarding a comparison of PracCat (PT), SimCat(IMS), MockCat(T.I.M.E.) and CL's CAT papers. All folks who have/are appearing for these, please evaluate them on the following parameters: \- Diffi...
Page 1 of 1
hey buddy i am appearing for both Time as well as CL...here's my analysis for them

Time
1)Difficulty level Difficult papers(more than anyone)
2)relevance to subject Highly relevant( most of the questions are cat like)
3)All india ratings superb atleast 20-25K people appear(really has
students base down south)
4)Post test web(indv) analysi Average
b)Post test analysis Above average
5)Good value add definitely like Mock Cats n CRT's Given by them

CL

1) Ranges from Tough to moderate papers(actually its their varying paper patterns rather than ques which make it tough)
2) Moderate to above avg(Not totally relevantBut approx60-75%)
3) Around 10k-20K students(varies per yr)
4) Superb analysis both individual on web as wel as for paper in gen
5) Flts given by them plus two books on varyin paterns n ques an GK take off.apart from these if u have missed any mock or joined late u can upload ur ans online an get score an analysis as well as acc % online

Apart from this CL papers are full of surprises exposing the studennts to various situations making them think hard like cat each time

As far as my opinion is considerd BOTH TIME AND CL CANNOT BE MISSED..one is a master in one aspect other ihn the another one..Time masters in cat like ques and superb students base whereas Cl masters in analysis an Varyin patterns of Test

BOTH CL AN TIME A MUST JOIN

HOPE EVERYONE LIKES IT!!!!
sAChIT

Good analysis
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Thank you for your answers as well as replies. Just a few follow on questions:

- Do you think the standards of these mock exams have increased over the last few years?

- What else do we think should be done to improve the usability of these mock tests

CHeers!
SK

hey buddy i am appearing for both Time as well as CL...here's my analysis for them

Time
1)Difficulty level Difficult papers(more than anyone)
2)relevance to subject Highly relevant( most of the questions are cat like)
3)All india ratings superb atleast 20-25K people appear(really has
students base down south)
4)Post test web(indv) analysi Average
b)Post test analysis Above average
5)Good value add definitely like Mock Cats n CRT's Given by them

CL

1) Ranges from Tough to moderate papers(actually its their varying paper patterns rather than ques which make it tough)
2) Moderate to above avg(Not totally relevantBut approx60-75%)
3) Around 10k-20K students(varies per yr)
4) Superb analysis both individual on web as wel as for paper in gen
5) Flts given by them plus two books on varyin paterns n ques an GK take off.apart from these if u have missed any mock or joined late u can upload ur ans online an get score an analysis as well as acc % online

Apart from this CL papers are full of surprises exposing the studennts to various situations making them think hard like cat each time

As far as my opinion is considerd BOTH TIME AND CL CANNOT BE MISSED..one is a master in one aspect other ihn the another one..Time masters in cat like ques and superb students base whereas Cl masters in analysis an Varyin patterns of Test

BOTH CL AN TIME A MUST JOIN

HOPE EVERYONE LIKES IT!!!!
sAChIT

There are two other threads on Best Mock series.
One started by me when I was newbie and the other where you (we all ) should continue.
My opinion abt PracCAT- Take those then you dont need to take any other test. They cover all good questions of other insti. Mocks

Buddy ,
I m appearing for both TIME & CL mocks ..TIME Mocks r really gud & comptt. is generally higher than any other test series in India but one thing i wud like to mention here is that i m very impressed by CL papers ..surprises in paper given by CL r realy good ..

so if u wanna consider 2 test series , then i wud prefer TIME & CL combo..

Well,
It actually depends on your background and how much time do you want to spend in these mock tests.
Time offers a total of 15 tests, so if you are working and don have enough time to prepare at home, this is probably the best thing which can happen to you. The quality is acceptable, the competition is tough and the checking is decent enough!

But otherwise, Simcats could be the order of the day for you in which the only thing not working for them is the very few no of tests which they are offering!!

Hope I helped u a little bit at least. cheers!

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some information regarding a comparison of PracCat (PT), SimCat(IMS), MockCat(T.I.M.E.) and CL's CAT papers. All folks who have/are appearing for these, please evaluate them on the following parameters:

- Difficulty level
- Relevance to subject
- All India ratings
- Post test web analysis
- Good Value add

I am preparing a report on the same and will make it available to all folks here.

Thanks,
SK