Company secretary Program Query

4 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Myself a Graduate (Fresher), pursued B.B.A (Finance & Marketing) @ (B.I.T Mesra) in 2009 & also completed Diploma in Banking & Finance from Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (I.I.B.F) & pursued NSE Certification in Financial Markets. I am inte...
Page 1 of 1

Hi welcome to the great MBA forum i.e. PG :)

Here is a request please don't open new thread for individual query...
use search option to find relevant threads to u...and then post in most relevant to u...Search option is available on the homepage on left corner....its very easy to use...just like google :)

just an example- http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/whether-to-persue-mba-or-cs-25035796

If u want more suggestions on the same please post ur query here - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

@mods Please close the thread.
Thanks n Regards
Priti

Myself a Graduate (Fresher), pursued B.B.A (Finance & Marketing) @ (B.I.T Mesra) in 2009 & also completed Diploma in Banking & Finance from Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (I.I.B.F) & pursued NSE Certification in Financial Markets. I am interested in making a career in Banking/Finance field. I am working at a Research firm at Kolkata as Business Research Associate. I want to pursue MBA from a premier Business School in India. I would also like to pursue Company Secretary program.

What is the relevance of CS program ?
How hard is it to complete and what are the positives of this program ?
Can we pursue CS while pursuing MBA ?
Can we prepare for CS without taking any coaching related to it ?

I am really looking for answers, Please help me out with this as you guys always do. Thanks in advance.
HR Professional, MBA - HR (2012), SBT CheerLeader 2011, PG Queen 2012 :blush:
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hello GMDR
I will try to answer your questions one by one

1) The CS programme is a niche programme which caters to the Corporate governance segment i.e. company secretaries are administrators of a company who make sure that the company is functioning optimally according to the various laws laid down for these purposes.

2) A company secretary is "expected" to be well versed in various industrial laws and be expert in Companies Act and SEBI Act. Also necessary are the various rules and regulations notified from time to time. So it is up-to you to judge whether you find it hard or not.

3) Since CS is a professional self-study programme, one can pursue it along with anything else as long as one sits for the scheduled exams.

4)Your last question is really a never ending one as there are umpteen examples of both self study pass outs and coaching fails. So once again it is up to you and your strengths.

The above information is from my own experience as I am currently pursuing CS executive myself. If you need any other information you can try ICSI: The Institute of Company Secretaries of India > Home

Hope this helps...

Hi,

Thanks for your Guidence however I've one Question for you.
Often I'm preparing for CS, I'm a working Professional in a BPO. I would like to know along CS is distance MBA's the better option? I'm a pagal of Management studies. But due to unforeseen situations its compulsory that I should work. After completing CS I thought that I can work with senior leadership in an organization. I wanna plane for my MBA could you please guide.
Myself a Graduate (Fresher), pursued B.B.A (Finance & Marketing) @ (B.I.T Mesra) in 2009 & also completed Diploma in Banking & Finance from Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (I.I.B.F) & pursued NSE Certification in Financial Markets. I am interested in making a career in Banking/Finance field. I am working at a Research firm at Kolkata as Business Research Associate. I want to pursue MBA from a premier Business School in India. I would also like to pursue Company Secretary program.

I am really looking for answers, Please help me out with this as you guys always do. Thanks in advance.

Hello GMDR
I will try to answer your questions one by one

1) The CS programme is a niche programme which caters to the Corporate governance segment i.e. company secretaries are administrators of a company who make sure that the company is functioning optimally according to the various laws laid down for these purposes.

2) A company secretary is "expected" to be well versed in various industrial laws and be expert in Companies Act and SEBI Act. Also necessary are the various rules and regulations notified from time to time. So it is up-to you to judge whether you find it hard or not.

3) Since CS is a professional self-study programme, one can pursue it along with anything else as long as one sits for the scheduled exams.

4)Your last question is really a never ending one as there are umpteen examples of both self study pass outs and coaching fails. So once again it is up to you and your strengths.

The above information is from my own experience as I am currently pursuing CS executive myself. If you need any other information you can try ICSI: The Institute of Company Secretaries of India > Home

Hope this helps...