Comic Book Enthusiasts

5 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Comics books today are not just about super-powered beings jumping off the roof-tops in their underwear. There is enough evidence out there that the industry has evolved. It started with the likes of Frank Miller and Alan Moore redefining the comi...
Page 1 of 1

What about the Sentry then? He is pretty formidable too.

Praxis Business School 2011-13, Associate Research Manager - IMRB International
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Well I agree Superman has more natural abilities but Thor also has abilities that come with his heritage like the Belt of Strength which doubles his already great strength

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@cydhart said:
True Sankha comic books have evolved beyond the regular good guys bashing up the bad to a point where the entire human psyche has been laid bare for all to see. Take for example the alcoholic Tony Stark, the addict Roy Harper, the guilt ridden Peter Parker, the man out of time Steve Rogers, the obsessed Bruce Wayne, the boy scout Clark Kent,the god wanting to be a good son Thor and so much all of them in many ways reflect our lives in so many ways that sometimes it makes me wonder are we in a real life comic book. Add to it the mind boggling imagination the writers bring to life makes for a heady cocktail of though provoking story lines that awe us in so many us. Economically also comic book industry has lead to so much more like the movies based on the so many characters, accessories, comic con etc. I guess its the fan boy in me thats gushing so much.Lets start with some thing fun and something that has been a topic of much controversy amongst fans ever since JLA vs Avengers came out: Who is the most powerful superhero-Superman or Thor? Ladies & Gentlemen lets RUMBLE!!!
If by powerful you mean the one with the most kick-ass superpowers then I have to go with Supes.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

True Sankha comic books have evolved beyond the regular good guys bashing up the bad to a point where the entire human psyche has been laid bare for all to see. Take for example the alcoholic Tony Stark, the addict Roy Harper, the guilt ridden Peter Parker, the man out of time Steve Rogers, the obsessed Bruce Wayne, the boy scout Clark Kent,the god wanting to be a good son Thor and so much all of them in many ways reflect our lives in so many ways that sometimes it makes me wonder are we in a real life comic book. Add to it the mind boggling imagination the writers bring to life makes for a heady cocktail of though provoking story lines that awe us in so many us. Economically also comic book industry has lead to so much more like the movies based on the so many characters, accessories, comic con etc. I guess its the fan boy in me thats gushing so much.

Lets start with some thing fun and something that has been a topic of much controversy amongst fans ever since JLA vs Avengers came out: Who is the most powerful superhero-Superman or Thor?

Ladies & Gentlemen lets RUMBLE!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Comics books today are not just about super-powered beings jumping off the roof-tops in their underwear. There is enough evidence out there that the industry has evolved. It started with the likes of Frank Miller and Alan Moore redefining the comic book landscape. The Dark Knight Returns, Sin City, 300, Watchmen, V for Vendetta etc. changed our perception of comic books. New age authors like Brian Azarello (100 Bullets) and Robert Kirkman (Invincible, Walking Dead) are carrying the torch now.

I'm sure there are many comic book enthusiasts amongst us. So let's come forward and share stuff on this thread.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...