Combating Conservatism

8 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
*Hi, * I am usha.I've graduated in Industrial & Production engg in 2005.I njoy reading, gardening n listening to music but what i like doing the most is writing..i *find *myself in writing poetry n short stories..i was always passionate abt gi...
Page 1 of 1
vahgar
@vahgar  ·  282 karma
Please retitle the thread as - 'Combating Cultural Conservatism'
Conservatism has broad connotations....
In fact, in the US, 'conservatism' generally refers to right wing political values like 'minimal government', fiscal prudence, meritocracy among others.

You think as I do..and if you thought the same way in the K gd..kool!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Please retitle the thread as - 'Combating Cultural Conservatism'
Conservatism has broad connotations....
In fact, in the US, 'conservatism' generally refers to right wing political values like 'minimal government', fiscal prudence, meritocracy among others.

Hi thecky, I can't relate to your logic of number of women reporters as a measure of women's liberation. :neutral: Many of these reporters have to undergo additional trial to prove themselves as effecient as their male counterparts.
Many girls are not as lucky as us to have grown up in a liberal environment and chose our own paths in life. Girls in rural and semi urban India are denied the right to basic education forget net access and the choice to air their views in a public forum.

somehow i jus find it hypocrisy to be actually speaking all of this....If ull r so much in favour of gender equality ,y do all the girls support the silly 33% reservations 4 gals in engg coll in the LIBERAL environment?
this gender equality defines different meanings as per ones convenience..cool!!!

the parts in India where one finds such kinda consveratism usually has its effects on the guys too...they are the ones who harldy pursue education.

wen u talk about journalism its not a line chosen even by guys,coz its not the trend to do such kinda jobs..so there can be an hinderance to continue such kinda jobswatever be ur gender!!!!!:satisfie:
Oh yeah? What is the gender of those numerous news anchors you see on 24/7 news channels. I think the women far outnumber the men there

Conservative society, eh? The fact that you were able to put across your views on an online forum like this negates your idea.

I found the post most ironic.
An anachronistic women's lib if I may say so.

Hi thecky, I can't relate to your logic of number of women reporters as a measure of women's liberation. :neutral: Many of these reporters have to undergo additional trial to prove themselves as effecient as their male counterparts.
Many girls are not as lucky as us to have grown up in a liberal environment and chose our own paths in life. Girls in rural and semi urban India are denied the right to basic education forget net access and the choice to air their views in a public forum. I would think twice before saying our society is not conservative when hundreds of born and unborn girls are killed only because they are born as the "wrong" gender!!
Usha, I think you should go ahead with your task and resist any undue obstacles you might face. Speaking of conservative views, I personally don't recall an instance of being subjected to any. Even if I were I would igonre them and do what I feel is right!:)

Hey usha, if you are really interested in writing, apna PG.Com is looking for journalists. And I gaurantee you no gender discrimination. Heck http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pagalguycom-is-hiring-full-time-journalists-25014030

@Usha

Conservatism is a can full of worms....But i really think if you do plan on writing a book on it you should talk to people one on one and try to gauge their responses...Also I am not sure, but i suppose you won't find too many ppl on this forum who have come across that brand of Conservatism, but then i may be wrong....
Otherwise I suppose as far as writing is concerned, conservatism can never keep it down, if you find yourself in writing rest assured you will never lose yourself, no society has that kind of power....If you are truly passionate abt writing, write for the joy it gives u and not for others,the fun should be in putting words on paper not on getting them published and garnering public approval( Although that would'nt hurt,I suppose), I know i am preaching a bit but there it is....
P.S-And if u believe in it as an idea on which u can write a book, don't give up....

Hi,

..i always wanted to write for a living but cannot choose it as a career path coz u know that "journalism is not for girls" in conservative middle class families..
Oh yeah? What is the gender of those numerous news anchors you see on 24/7 news channels. I think the women far outnumber the men there.

Conservative society, eh? The fact that you were able to put across your views on an online forum like this negates your idea.

I found the post most ironic.
An anachronistic women's lib if I may say so.
Hi,

I am usha.I've graduated in Industrial & Production engg in 2005.I njoy reading, gardening n listening to music but what i like doing the most is writing..i find myself in writing poetry n short stories..i was always passionate abt giving feelings a medium to speak themselves..

..i always wanted to write for a living but cannot choose it as a career path coz u know that "journalism is not for girls" in conservative middle class families..i dont wanna give it up though..im really pushing my limits hard.. i wanna write a book on 'Conservatism' in India

..v all come across conservatism in one form or other..probably as a consequence of religion or caste or region or maybe bcoz of mindsets which are still indignant and resistant to changing with time..

..i would like to know abt those little incidents in your lives which might have ignited a thought in you that the society now needs atleast a paradigm shift if not a complete makeover..i would be happy if u could share any such incidents which happened either u or ur frnds n wud luv 2 include them in my book..

..i understand that things r changing slowly n for the better..but v really need to check change n its direction n dimension coz changes can go haywire if not directed...i would luv to hear suggestions from u on how think the change should be..

..thank you for reading such a big mail with so much patience..hope to hear from all the conscientious n thinking future managers..

Thanks,
Usha