college and courses selection

4 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
hello everyone i am mohit baid. ihave given my class 12 exams from isc board and have secured 96.75% in the commerce section. I had applied to st stephens delhi but their cut off was 97% and they were not ready to consider the .25% or 1 mark....
Page 1 of 1

hi seawitch,
if plng for MBA keep reading businessworld, businesstoday, Eco times etc for gen and biz awareness. plus work up extracurriculars-quizzes, debates, sports...NGO/social work..whatever your interest is in. also read auto/bio's of biz greats..sam walton, JRD, Akio morita and so on. all adds up towards a good school esp if u dont have workex.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
wow!!now we've got kids just outta school joining PG and already worried about an MBA... at the rate in which its going, MBA may soon become some integrated program for five years straight outta school...

neways to answer the question kid, both the colleges that u've mentioned are equally good in their own ways.... its not as if economics majors have it easy compared to the commerce graduates in MBA entrances or for that matter its not the case with any course... so IMHO, opt for something that u like doing.... do something that u feel u will enjoy n will also allow you to make the most out of 3 years in college....if its commerce that u feel u like, then just go for it!!! dont jus opt for economics thinking that it will make it easier for u to do MBA... if thats ur thinking, then u've got it wrong!!!

thanks for the reply. I have enrolled in SRCC. Always open to advises
hello everyone

i am mohit baid. ihave given my class 12 exams from isc board and have secured 96.75% in the commerce section. I had applied to st stephens delhi but their cut off was 97% and they were not ready to consider the .25% or 1 mark. Now I have two options BCom from SRCC ie if i get in and Economics hons from st xavier's calcutta. I want to do an MBA after graduation. I have heard that eco hons has an edge over the bcom students. I donot know how much is tru. Please advice. Moreover which is better eco hons or bcom with ca considering career options and future prospects. can an individual do a post graduation in economics hons after bcom?

please reply as soon as possible

wow!!now we've got kids just outta school joining PG and already worried about an MBA... at the rate in which its going, MBA may soon become some integrated program for five years straight outta school...

neways to answer the question kid, both the colleges that u've mentioned are equally good in their own ways.... its not as if economics majors have it easy compared to the commerce graduates in MBA entrances or for that matter its not the case with any course... so IMHO, opt for something that u like doing.... do something that u feel u will enjoy n will also allow you to make the most out of 3 years in college....if its commerce that u feel u like, then just go for it!!! dont jus opt for economics thinking that it will make it easier for u to do MBA... if thats ur thinking, then u've got it wrong!!!

hello everyone

i am mohit baid. ihave given my class 12 exams from isc board and have secured 96.75% in the commerce section. I had applied to st stephens delhi but their cut off was 97% and they were not ready to consider the .25% or 1 mark. Now I have two options BCom from SRCC ie if i get in and Economics hons from st xavier's calcutta. I want to do an MBA after graduation. I have heard that eco hons has an edge over the bcom students. I donot know how much is tru. Please advice. Moreover which is better eco hons or bcom with ca considering career options and future prospects. can an individual do a post graduation in economics hons after bcom?

please reply as soon as possible