8 Posts  ·  62 Users
About this group

FOR SERIOUS ASPIRANTS WHO ASPIRES TO JOIN THE MAHARATNA PSU CIL

FOLLOWING RULES SHOULD BE FOLLOWED HERE-

1) NO PERSONAL ATTACK OR ANY PERSONAL TALK HERE

2) NO ABUSIVE LANGUAGE

3) NO CASTE BASED COMMENTS HERE

4) NO IRRELEVANT DISCUSSION ON IRRELEVANT TOPICS HERE

5) NO USELESS DEBATE EVEN IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH OTHER FELLOW LEAVE IT YOU NOT GOING TO WIN ANY DEBATE COMPETITION TROPHY HERE

Page 1 of 1

Can anyone please tell me the syllabus for written exam For HR?

2 comments
Prerna29
@Prerna29  ·  0 karma

COAL INDIA LIMITED

RECRUITMENT OF MANAGEMENT TRAINEES 2016-17

SYLLABUS FOR PAPER-II : PERSONNEL & HR(Post Code 23)

Unit – I

Schools of Management thought – Scientific Management School, Human Relations School,

Behaviour School, System Approach

Function of Management – Planning : types, steps, organising

Direction, Control, Coordination, Communication.

Unit – II

Personnel Management : Functions, Structure of Personnel Department, Line and Staff, Job

Analysis, Manpower Planning, New Challenges.

Recruitment and Selection, Placement and Induction.

Wage and Salary Administration, Job evaluation, Methods of Wage payment linking wages

with productivity.

Grievance handling and Disciplinary action.

Unit – III

HRD Concept, Importance, Evolution, Functions, Organisation of HRD Function.

Performance appraisal, Training and Development, Quality of worklife, Career planning,

Quality circles.

Training Programmes for workers, Management Development Programmes, Evaluation of

training.

Unit – IV

Organisational Behaviour : Concept, Importance, Evolution, Role, Group dynamics.

Motivation, Leadership, Job satisfaction, Morale, Fatigue and monotony.

Organisational change and Development, Organisational effectiveness.

Unit – V

Industrial Relations : Concept, Scope, Approaches, Industrial Relations system.

Industrial disputes : Causes, Effects, Trends, Methods and Machinery for the settlement of

Industrial disputes.

Workers participation in Management, Code of discipline, Tripartite bodies, ILO, Industrial

relations and the new economic reforms.

Unit – VI

Trade Unions : Meaning, Objectives, Functions, Theories, Structure of Trade Unions.

Trade Union Movement in India, Leadership, Finance, Union Politics, Inter and rutia-union

Rivalry.

Unit – VII

Labour legislation, Objectives, Principles, Classification, Evolution of labour, legislation in

India, Impact of ILO, Labour and Indian Constitution.

Factories Act, 1948.

Employees State Insurance Act, 1948: Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923: Maternity Benefit

Act, 1961.

2/3

Unit – VIII

Trade Unions Act, 1926 : Industrial Employment (Standing orders) Act, 1946:

Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.

Minimum Wages Act, 1948: Payment of Wages Act, 1936: Equal Remuneration Act, 1976:

Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.

Unit – IX

Labour Welfare : Meaning, Definition, Scope, Theories, principles and approaches.

Statutory and Non-statutory labour welfare: Intra-mural and extra-mural welfare.

Agencies of Labour Welfare : State, Employer, Trade Unions, Voluntary Agencies.

Unit – X

Labour Market, Features, Demand and Supply of Labour, Nature and composition of Indian

Labour Force, Unemployment and Under-employment.

Concepts of wages, State Regulation of wages, Fixation of wages, Wage theories, Wage

differentials.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
anonym0us
@anonym0us  ·  190 karma

@Prerna29 thanks a lot. I was waiting for someone to post it. Thanks a ton.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any updates regarding result

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

well i really dont know whether i should prepare from just 133 marks (Gen) .

but you guys are intelligent enough , hope could learn from you ppls .

keep updating !!

and all the best to all !!

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys anyone else having interview experience please help us all here. We can learn from your experience

1 comment
ankit.martin
@ankit.martin  ·  208 karma

133 gen, shalll i keep my hopes alive

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello guys!!! Those people in group who have given an PSU interview or any bank PO/SO interview can share there experience. I gave interviews of SBI-PO, IBPS-PO and IBPS-SO till now and all these interview were very short hardly 10 mins especially focussed on questions like why bank and all. IBPS-SO was the most bogus one they literally asked nothing just some things about how can you change banks as SO and what will you contribute. 0 things were asked about HR in that. I have heard on various platforms that PSU interviews are on similar lines but still anyone who is having any experience is welcome.

8 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 8
Neha0128
@Neha0128  ·  3 karma

@Akassh_A thank you

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
abhishek1004
@abhishek1004  ·  120 karma

I have attended IBPS SO-2015,2017 and Neyvelli Lignite corporation , HMTI, OPTCL ( state PSU ). Interview questions were quite normal in IBPS related to few HR terms and differences and related to work exp. Neyveli, there were questions only from IR labour laws...ID FACTORIES ACT CHILD LABOUR ACT MIN WAGES ACT MATERNITY BENEFIT and in OPTCL questions were from HR HRD and labour laws. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

According to many people here on PG and various other forums the weightage of written will be 80% and interview will be 20% plus no significant effect of workex and college from where you passed out will be there. People who clear cutoff and who gonna be in top 100 something will have very less difference between there marks they will be having almost similar marks i think so interview plays a major role here in solidfying your seat

1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
THOR_RAGNAROK
@THOR_RAGNAROK  ·  45 karma

@Neha0128 mam strategy wise i think i will be brushing up my basics and yeah my mba internship projects plus projects i accomplished in my proffesional life.

THOR_RAGNAROK
@THOR_RAGNAROK  ·  45 karma

@Neha0128 for psychological questions i would just try to remain calm and confident and will be at my diplomatic best

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

One more rule of this group is that there should be no caste based bullying. Every guy wether SC/ST/OBC/GENERAL/PH/PWD are equal here and they have there equal right to discuss about CIL Interviews. I am writing this as i have obsereved a lot of useless things going on PG which is related to discussion on reservations. Look buddy we are here for CIL not to discuss RESERVATION POLITICS so any guy who will be found induldging in this too will be Banned.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This group is for peope who are confident about there scores and want to focus there energies on the next important stage of the selection process. Please no discussion should be made about chances of clearing cutoff and the people who are found induldging in any sort of personal talks and abusive talks will be banned immidiately 

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...