CMU Tepper 2009 Aspirants

191 Posts  ·  64 Users
About this group
Hey guys, Could not find any tepper 2009 applicants thread. Hence starting this one.. We can share our profiles, goals and help each other make it to this coveted B school.... :: My profile: Im an IT guy. Have around 3 years o...
Page 1 of 20

Dinged and dejected 😞

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Niraj,

Congratulations! Could you share your profile please? Thanks!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey,..just got an admit off the waitlist! :)

Question to all admitted students - Is the scholarship decision given in the admit letter online? or in the package?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any news from W/L candidates as yet?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Has any WL candidate heard anything from Tepper? Any inside info (I know the WL letter says June) when this is going to come- early, mid, late June?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Indian Applicant,

I don't think its much to do with Indian applicants not getting a call, but probably more to do with all foreign applicants - and not just at Tepper, but almost all the Bschools.
It seems there have been toooo many applications this year from the US. Duke for instance, claims to have received a record number of over 4000 applications - and have not even given an interview call to candidates with 740+ GMAT, and 6 years work exp (applied in round 2)- but at the same time, have given an admit to Indians with 2 years exp, in the early application round! The colleges seem to have become a lot more choosy after the recession hit the US..! But this is all just a guess and what most people have an impression.The B schools have obviously not mentioned the recession factor anywhere (except of course in the explanation of lack of scholarships..and difficulty in giving financial aid...the tuition fees have actually been hiked in this time of recession, and they are deciding to hike it by 6% again next year they say )

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone? Surely all R3 applicants can't be dinged without an interview! There should be someone who got an interview invite!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any R3 applicants received interview invites yet?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey A0S,

I'm a round 2 admit to Tepper..what abt you ?

Are you going to Tepper or not ? And any clue about the group that was going to be formed - the old posts had a loy of news about that, but its all fallen silent now...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am an R3 applicant to Tepper. I have not received an interview invite yet. Did any Indian applicant get an interview invite? I have a feeling that most Indians are not getting interview invites...

harrismba09 Says
Are there are R3 applicants to Tepper? Have you got an interview call with them?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...