c'mon let's meditate

41 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
let me complete it guys,, *c'mon let's meditate n cross the victory gates....... :: * helllow lovly ppl, i m tiya , a stu. well the purpose of this tread is to enlighten the powers of meditation . meditation s the best medicine 4 concent...
Page 1 of 5

Where are u guys?
I feel bad about this beautiful thread not been active since long.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

What is meditation?? Somebody answer me??...:neutral:..

Hey all pg members!
Found this thread more useful. Keep Posting.

Thank You.

Regards,

www.sarkarilife.com - Tons of resources to help you crack Government Bank Exams

Hi evry1...indeed for me, the best of the threads tht I hv been following...
I would like to share few facts and experiences regarding MEDITATION that I hv learnt till now.
Pls correct me if I m wrong.

Meditation as far as I hv understood is of two types: Concentric and Transcedental

I could find a very nice technique from this thread when sm1 hd mentioned a process of meditation while counting from 100 to 0 backwards. This type of meditation is called Concentric meditation where you force your mind to concentrate on a particular subject or object.
The other technique which is called as Transcedental Meditation which is completely opposite. In this case you try to attain a zero thought level while breathing.
the important point to note here is tht, you cannot directly start with the transcedental meditation, it is always started with concentric.
I wud like to share wht I hd experienced.
I used to sit in a relaxed position , close my eyes and start slow breathing (breathe in and out) concentrating on the breathing..tht is trying to c the air coming out and going in...

Now, in this case after sm gud practise, u will reach a level where u will not be thinking abt anything...and ur breathing rate will become constant.
and believe mw, if u r able to attain this zero thought level even for 5 mins..tht's an achievement.

I think tht transcedental meditation is a tecnique to strengthen ur sub-concious mind.

And as far as concentric meditation is concerned, I think if u r listening to ur fav music or a piece of it and hv nothing else in mind apart frm the rhythm...tht's an example.

and as far as the effects of meditation is concerned..the most important change that every1 will notice is the power to focuss..tht means the concentration improves...and yes i hv experienced tht..only thing is consistency is smthing tht is required..:)

Achee

It is amazing, isnt it that when one meditates only then do we notice the disturbing angle of thoughts. Rest of the time , we r simply letting ourselves to be swept away by the flow of shit.
the best way to deal with them is to not wrestle and to let them be.they have a limit,tsunami kitne time tak rahegi?
chanting, japa and rythemic breathing is another great way.the mind has to yield to it because u r shutting thoughts out.

But lohiya, u used to meditate for hours together?:neutral: how was that boss?
my problem is compleately different-i fall asleep after 10 mins .tho i must tell i feel very fresh after getting up.

one falls asleep while trying to meditate bcos meditation relaxes the mind. that is a good sign. sir i guess u should practice it more often. as for my own problem, i discovered that it was all bcos i was taking my responsibilities too heavily. i practice it 2-3 times a day 4 few minutes; yet to get back to my lost rhythm.
Meditation is really very neccessary in ones life. i have tried it and really it makes u charming and the memory do increases which obviously will everyone, so just for 5 minutes try meditation.

Ashish

hi friends
sorry for not being active for some days as i was not in access with net.. well its cool to see so many ppl getting interested.
well today i am also here to confess that i havnt being regular in meditation for these days...i really need a punch :grab:(every one allowed:tellme: ) bt its a promise to u all that this will never be repeated.. ( now satisfied )
tiya

tons of thanks 4 that post! but i've been trying like that 4 over a yr. my problem is that they swarm my mind like a shockwave and i have to give up with a headache. At the end i feel miserable rather than eased or relaxed. The distractions dnt come at all 4 first 10 min. or so, but they come like awaves of tsunami. since the practise makes me feel tense i've given it up for sometime now.
regards,
lohiya.

It is amazing, isnt it that when one meditates only then do we notice the disturbing angle of thoughts. Rest of the time , we r simply letting ourselves to be swept away by the flow of shit.
the best way to deal with them is to not wrestle and to let them be.they have a limit,tsunami kitne time tak rahegi?
chanting, japa and rythemic breathing is another great way.the mind has to yield to it because u r shutting thoughts out.

But lohiya, u used to meditate for hours together?:neutral: how was that boss?
my problem is compleately different-i fall asleep after 10 mins .tho i must tell i feel very fresh after getting up.
Times have changed. You have grown up. Your circumstances have changed. You have more responsibilities now. It is obvious that you will have difficulty concentrating in your meditation. Do not fret over it. Do not fight the distractions. Accept that distractions are going to occur.

Whenever you meditate, and find your self distracted, take a deep breath, think, 'This is going to happen, but I will not be defeated, and continue to meditate!' and get back to your practice. That helps.

It has helped me a lot.

Regards,
Harshal
Grondmaster

tons of thanks 4 that post! but i've been trying like that 4 over a yr. my problem is that they swarm my mind like a shockwave and i have to give up with a headache. At the end i feel miserable rather than eased or relaxed. The distractions dnt come at all 4 first 10 min. or so, but they come like awaves of tsunami. since the practise makes me feel tense i've given it up for sometime now.
regards,
lohiya.
Buddys here, can any one solve my problem?
From a very young age, i used to b fascinated by the deities at any temple. I particularly found lord Shiva full of unbounded energy and alive.When i was in 10th, there were disturbances in my family. I used to sit relaxed in a isolated room, in padamasana eyes shut and echoe in my mind 'om namah shivay'. It wud give me immense peace. Later i used to practice the same in shava-asana. At 18 i used to practice 5-6 hrs. a day.
Then i moved out to delhi for graduation and stopped completely 4 lack of milieu. 3yrs. later, wen i try to sit in padamasana, i feel ok 4 a few minutes, then gradually lots of distracting thoughts swarm my quiet mind. If i try to relax in shava-asana, its again fine 4 sometime, then, as though i get a electric shock in my spine and sit up with a jerk. As with studies, i am able to concentrate well. I've tried hundreds of times but cant meditate in the wonderful way i used to.

Times have changed. You have grown up. Your circumstances have changed. You have more responsibilities now. It is obvious that you will have difficulty concentrating in your meditation. Do not fret over it. Do not fight the distractions. Accept that distractions are going to occur.

Whenever you meditate, and find your self distracted, take a deep breath, think, 'This is going to happen, but I will not be defeated, and continue to meditate!' and get back to your practice. That helps.

It has helped me a lot.

Regards,
Harshal
Grondmaster