Cheerleaders in IPL T20... Should they be banned??

3 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi Friends, We have come across the recent political arguments for the banning of cheerleader in the IPL T20. To quote Amar Singh of Samajwadi Party, "You don't need nudity for a visual treat" and as per other politicians like Junior Home Min...
Page 1 of 1

THere is already a active thread running on IPL:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/indian-premier-league-25029055

Else you can continue on the thread:
Whats the problem with INdia?

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

a healthy enuf topic for discussion so i m taking forward the discussion.

well for of all why the question to ban cheerleaders ? cheerleaders are roped in for the entertainment of crowd & gathering support for their teams, but what makes the issue sensitive is these cheerleaders clad in undergarments & dancing in front of crowd.
Well if i think from the point of cheerleaders it presents them a very viable means of living, and as there is security present , there isnt any kind of danger to them.
from the point of view of society as such, then though our society is not as open & outgoing when it comes to sex & women wearing short clothes (due to security and social aspect), there has been a sec change in attitude of people, and if the men can have the privelege of dancing in IPl why single out women,
And its not the people complaining but just some leaders who find themselves champion of public issues that have raised the matter something similar to MNS of uday thakeray did, and the issue raised is that its obscene then the bar dance(which was curbed) so how wuc we let it run, then although the pros of closing dance bar is in itself a contentious issue, the primary reason for closing the dance bars were criminal activity happening there, & wrong elements of society getting a meeting point. & to bring an anlogy of it to dancebar is itself defaming these girls, who have the same respect in society as any model or bollywood actress or miss india walking on ramp in swim suit or any women u sea on beach

To raise such issue , shows the backwardness & mentality of the politician who still thin of women as object o sex rather than givingthem equal status

Hi Friends,

We have come across the recent political arguments for the banning of cheerleader in the IPL T20. To quote Amar Singh of Samajwadi Party, "You don't need nudity for a visual treat" and as per other politicians like Junior Home Minister, Sidharam Mehetre the cheerleaders are 'obscene and vulgar'. However, the fact does remain that it is just a sport and the concept of Cheerleaders are widespread and acknowledged worldwide.

Yes, India has its own cultural heritage which we all should respect and maintain, but banning Cheerleaders is not the only right option. Firstly, so many cheerleaders will be unemployed. Secondly, alternatives like strict dress code regulation can also be followed. The 'Pom Pom Girls' will be equally entertaining even if they are in jeans and a covered top (say of a colour depicting their respective team).

Thus, politics has yet again proved its ineffectiveness by asking for a ban on cheerleaders prior to looking for alternatives. I believe that the cheerleaders should continue but just with a little regulation as too much exposing can give a wrong illusion to kids and teenagers coming for such matches.

What do you think?