As we know, GMAT announced a rather abrupt change just a few hours ago.
For the ease of users, I am enlisting all the main points here. I will keep updating the post as we get more updates.
- Quant section- 31 questions, 62 minutes (compared to 37 questions, 75 minutes earlier)
- Verbal section- 36 questions, 65 minutes (compared to 41 questions, 75 minutes earlier)
- Reduction in pre-exam tutorials, instructions
- The questions reduced are all experimental questions; hence, the number of questions on which one is scored remain the same
- Time available per quant/verbal question remains approximately the same
- No change in scoring (sectional as well as overall)
- No change in IR, AWA
- No change in duration of breaks
- Those who have the exam scheduled on or prior to May 6, 2018 can reschedule the test once, free of charges until April 11, 2018
- GMATPrep, other official resources shall be updated for the new pattern no later than 30th April, 2018
No clarity on:
- Number of RCs in the verbal section.
- Number of questions per RC.
More updates soon...
Experts' Global Team