Chandigarh Study Group for CAT-2010

78 Posts  ·  26 Users
About this group
_*Hey puys*_...ws luking at various study group threads in various cities but surprisingly couldnt find one 4 Chandigarh.I think being in touch wid serious aspirants keeps us more focussd 2wards our goal...So if folks 4m Chandigarh are interested ...
Page 1 of 8

Hi guys... I'm an IIT Kgp '08 grad, a Mumbai-based working professional. CAT '09 was my first attempt: 97.71%ile. I've taken a break from office and come to my homeplace Chandigarh for a sincere shot this year. Only today I picked up the AIMCAT series and Saturday's AIMCAT 1105 will be my first.

I think exposing oneself to as many questions & solutions as possible is a fruitful strategy in develop the comfort and confidence necessary for the crucial 135mins of testing day. Questions are aplenty, only if solutions, ideas & concepts are smoothly & regularly exchanged, I think it'll be really helpful in our preparations. Usually study groups attempt a common test, evaluate upon their own and then assemble & discuss atleast once every week. Its really efficient that way and every week through 3-4 hours of brainstorming we can gain lots from each other's strengths. This'll be very helpful in later GD/PI stages too. I hope that's how things work here or whichever other way sounds suitable to everybody I'll be interested

Count me in, whenever next there's a meet up. All the best!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Actually I've tried to initiate discussions nd meetings for mock discussions several times bt very few people are interested...we had some meetings last month but at this time when everyone is almost done with the preparations and should actively participate in the thread to gain maximum benfit,I rarely see puys cuming 4ward...

Hmmm...
Stumbled upon the thread by chance. BTW, no post since 24th of August

Life's been a maelstrom of mediocrity, and I'm trying to get out of it.
hi guys,

I am a an IIT Roorkee student (2nd yr).
I would like to have a general overview of CAT preparations in CHD.
especially in BULLSEYE
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Bullseye is the most hyped coaching center in chandigarh. I guess it has the maximum strength compared to others in the area. Its GD-PI prep classes are also very fine.

hi guys,

I am a an IIT Roorkee student (2nd yr).
I would like to have a general overview of CAT preparations in CHD.
especially in BULLSEYE

Thanks!!!!!!!!

I agree that the DI was full of sitter questions. looked like a bank exam.... hardly any logical reasoning. DS was solvable by reading itself.

But i screwed my VA badly... a score of 100 was not a tough milestone... :(

Bullseye papers look as if made by an amateur...

Ya i went 4 dis BULLCAT bt ws totally disappointed wid d paper...attempted all 20 DI ques in 30 mins,got 1W(pathetic DI for a CAT based mock)...den all 20 VA ques in again 30 mins,got 7W....den attempted 13 Quant ques in 40 mins,got 2W...den wondered for 5 mins wt to do...finally got up nd submitted the OMR sheet,only to realize later that I put incorrect student ID(4got to carry my admit card...lol)...expecting cut-offs to be sky-high...nd wishing that Bulls Eye comes up wid some gud quality mocks in the coming weeks..huh!!!

BULLCAT-2 was the easiest mock ever....it ws pathetic of Bulls Eye to have put such a easy DI,whr all 20 ques were doable in 30 mins...finishd my paper in about 100 mins(attempts=>DI=20,QA-13,VA-20) and left,only to realise later that i put incorrect student ID(4got to carry d admit card...lol) and didnt even bother to write name or buklet no.....scored 120 as per the answer key

DI-56,QA-31,VA-32....one thing i've noticed in Bulls Eye quant is that there are hardly any logic based ques,unlike CAT almost all ques r based on conceptual knowledge...I'd want to see Bulls Eye cum wid a gud mock widin next 2 mocks oderwsie dere is no point taking these tests...

anybody giving the bullseye mocks ?
I did my all time low this time... VA is my strongest.. infact scored 99.74(AIR 5) last time with around 45 marks.. This time got 9 wrong out of an attempt of 19. Shocked like anything... Quant has always been weak and nothing different today... So, a bad bad day for me... sad 😞

Ya..they will...after all they are helping you in a way to realize your MBA dream...nd in any case dey'l publish ur pic only if u get an IIM call nd in dat case wud it really matter to you whre all you pics are being published??lol...infact i think its kinda free fame...haha