CFA vs IT

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
Hi, I am MCA (Masters in Computer Application) and have more than 4 years of experience as Oracle DBA (Database Administrator). I am planning to move to finance field. My decision should be based on Interest, future growth both in terms ...
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am MCA (Masters in Computer Application) and have more than 4 years of experience as Oracle DBA (Database Administrator).

I am planning to move to finance field. My decision should be based on Interest, future growth both in terms of money and profile.

Recently, I come to know about CFA. I think I can clear 2.5 years to clear all three levels as I can dedicate 15-25 hours/week for preparation along with my job. I have basic knowledge of finance, statistics and Stock market.

Thanks,
Neeraj

There are loads of thread on CFA floating around, kindly continue on them:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cfa-level-1-june-2009-anyone-25033439

or
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

Since you have been in IT field, you are the best judge of your career path. If you want to grow high or faster, u need MBA/MS

Though CFA will be good thing but without PG degree i.e. MBA surviving on CFA would be tough. So evaluate your options carefully, before taking a plunge into Finance.

All the best.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,

I am MCA (Masters in Computer Application) and have more than 4 years of experience as Oracle DBA (Database Administrator).

I am planning to move to finance field. My decision should be based on Interest, future growth both in terms of money and profile.

1) Both IT and Finance fascinate me. 2) I want to know the comparative growth scope for both fileds.

Recently, I come to know about CFA. I think I can clear 2.5 years to clear all three levels as I can dedicate 15-25 hours/week for preparation along with my job. I have basic knowledge of finance, statistics and Stock market.

Please suggest me which option should I choose.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.