CFA Voided results

2 Posts  ·  2 Users
About this group
I was registered for the CFA Level 2 exam in June and I wrote the exam in South Africa. However on presentation of my Exam ticket at the venue there was a difference on the expiry date in my passport and that on the exam ticket. I had inaccurately...
Page 1 of 1

you should continue in this thread.

http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/career-discussions/cfa-level-2-june-2012-t-69789

www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I was registered for the CFA Level 2 exam in June and I wrote the exam in South Africa. However on presentation of my Exam ticket at the venue there was a difference on the expiry date in my passport and that on the exam ticket. I had inaccurately assumed on registration that my details would remain the same online as the ones I had used on registration at Level one. I was not the only one stopped for this, there were several other candidates with the same issue on the passport expiry dates.

After giving me a letter that said my identification was questionable, the invigilators proceeded to allow me to sit for the exam and I sat for both sessions. I assumed at this point everything was fine- as far as I know everyone who had the same problem was allowed to sit for the exam. A scan was taken of my passport ( all the other details were correct and the passport is valid).

I have now received a letter from the CFA Institute saying that my results will be voided because my identification was not valid. However, due to the security features on my passport ( I am a Zimbabwean citizen) the scan was not clear and I assume this is what was used to reassess the validity of my passport. I emailed the institute, but so far I have not received a response.

I have a few questions: am I the only person whose results were voided because of the expiry date mix-up or have there been any other queries? Also is there any way I can have this issue addressed or appeal ‚Ź €œ perhaps a testimony from the invigilators who saw me take the exam? HELP-any input is appreciated

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.