Cfa (usa) Vs Cpa

9 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
hey ppl help me out can ny1 suggest wat shud one pursue n wat course wud b better in terms of value,job prospects abroad n difficulty level. i hav just given my final yr xams of bachelor degree.plzz suggestttttt
Page 1 of 1

Hello,

One of my friends has completed BBA over here in Inida only , so whether is he able to study CFA or CFP which ever is better either in USA or CANADA and is it worth full to pursue for those course or he mush do MBA first.
And can any 1 do CFA or CFP after BSC {science student}

And I personally involved in Indian Stock market and Running advisory business since 4-5 years successfully but i am a science student and i left Mech Engg in final year. But no I really want to boost up my career So I am also planning for either CFP or CFA or CPA probably in USA. I am interested in International Stocks exchanges so i think, CFA would be best but still need a suggestion from experts.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hello,

One of my friends has completed BBA over here in Inida only , so whether is he able to study CFA or CFP which ever is better either in USA or CANADA and is it worth full to pursue for those course or he mush do MBA first.
And can any 1 do CFA or CFP after BSC {science student}

And I personally involved in Indian Stock market and Running advisory business since 4-5 years successfully but i am a science student and i left Mech Engg in final year. But no I really want to boost up my career So I am also planning for either CFP or CFA or CPA probably in USA. I am interested in International Stocks exchanges so i think, CFA would be best but still need a suggestion from experts.

cpa requires atleast 3 accounting papers to have been cleared in your gradutaion .is dat d condition can ny1 confirm dis.coz i hav dun ba hons business economics n had accounts onli in d first semester.

thnkx a lot 4 dat nfo.

u said wid cpa u limit urself 2 india but cpa is equivalent 2 ca .so if i do cpa here will i get a job directly in usa.aur i will have 2 work here first n onli den its possible 2 get a job outside.

n does completeing cfa level likely 2 get me a job in d usa.
wat do u suggest should i go 4 as my career ,i no it depends on individual but as i told u i hav givin my final yr grad xams.havnt got thriugh in mba .so wat do u ppl suggest .n i hav an inclination 2 go n work in us.

........friend..
....by limiting 2 india... i meant that GAAP is not followed here ...
only some co/ like DrREDDY..INFY,etc.. follow these...so Auding domains are limited.........so scope in india is restricted..!
u have to look offshore since its an international practice technique............
CFA since dealing with stockmarkets n investments has universal language and perceptive receipts..!...

but as Tuntum quoted..its APPLE /ORANGE choice...!!

INCLINATION....should be towards passion n that passion will find its own country and residence with time...!:satisfie:

u seem 2 be in love with USA more than ..what u want...
so u are in a vicious circle where cause not leads 2 the consequence rather viceversa.....!!!

also..'careers are not suggested ..friend..'
u have 2 struggle 2 find one..
answer simple question....

.u like...... accounting/techinical business reportings.......or economics/stockmarket/financial analyss
..........the answer is the choice...!

discalimer.......just amatuer views....!!

thanks
lh

hi,
i want to know how do i enrol for CFA. I am currently doing MBA from Bangalore and would like to enrol for this course. It would be great if anyone would guide me in this matter. i have no work experience also. I have seen the website but am not able to understand the step wise approach of enrolling for CFA.

thnkx a lot 4 dat nfo.

u said wid cpa u limit urself 2 india but cpa is equivalent 2 ca .so if i do cpa here will i get a job directly in usa.aur i will have 2 work here first n onli den its possible 2 get a job outside.

n does completeing cfa level likely 2 get me a job in d usa.
wat do u suggest should i go 4 as my career ,i no it depends on individual but as i told u i hav givin my final yr grad xams.havnt got thriugh in mba .so wat do u ppl suggest .n i hav an inclination 2 go n work in us.

vishalg Says
hey ppl help me out can ny1 suggest wat shud one pursue n wat course wud b better in terms of value,job prospects abroad n difficulty level. i hav just given my final yr xams of bachelor degree.plzz suggestttttt

.............lets see........!!

its difficult to compare two programs ....as they don't intersect each other..

these 2 deal with AMERICAN .....education and roots....with international implications and applications..........and in USA ...they give value to all their offerings greatly...........

so its not india......or the ironical skewed choices that one makes...going with the flow of .........what is in demand...!! think!!??

CPA needs immense passion for accounts....GAAP..so u limit urself in india....still oppurt, are there..

with CFA....its about economics...financial dynamics..investment variables across diversity.....needs lots of intution ,passion and creativity for absorbing and opininating views individually......

.........u will need to work ..here in india as u pursue them....so assuming 3 years....before u look for overseas opp.. u have to get quality exp.. and in the field in which the program CPA/CFA... u are goin for....

bottomline is a GRAD at his stage of his carreer ..should have conviction what he likes........

so ask...are u ready to live with acc/ sheets for rest of ur life.....or macroeconomics...financial tools..etc...

once u self introspect.. u ought toi get a good answer...

both are difficult...both have value....both have immense oppurtunities...

try resist sucuumbing 2 petty economic and social tendencies by questioning as if u will go for 'abc ' whatever he/she/they suggest......!
they are 2 diff paths u need to be uncorruptly sure....which one u want to traverse.........

anyways....either of these without good 4-5 years exp (or perhaps a decent MBA)will not be still easy for offshore ambitions.....
most importantly...."".the QUALIFICATION OF KNOWLEDGE ""....is must......!!

thanks
lh
vishalg Says

My friend, you are comparing apples with oranges.

Certified Public Accountant is a certification in accounting, auditing and taxation in the US, Singapore, Australia and many other nations. Its direct comparable in India would be Chartered Accountant (CA) designation offered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). It has been found that generally, most of the commonwealth nations use the term "Chartered Accountant" (not a rule though but it has been found generally) while others use "Certified Public Accountant" and some like Canada also have "Certified General Accountant (CGA)" designation. Whatever the designation, the idea boils down to one fact, that it is a degree in accountancy, auditing and taxation.

Chartered Financial Analyst is a certification centered around financial markets, corporate finance, and financial analysis. The American version is more concentrated on financial markets while the Indian version is wider in scope and includes many other subjects. Only basic part of accounting is covered in the courses and you wont find anything of auditing and taxation in the courses.

Both the courses have good value and what you choose is dependant on what career you want.....hardcore accounting or hardcore finance (mainly capital markets).

Regards,

Tumtum.