CFA Level 1, June 2013

1,215 Posts  ·  526 Users
About this group
Now that registration for June 2013 Level 1 has started, it is a good time to plan for and start studies keeping a target date in mind. It may be a bit early, but it is always good to start early and be prepared. Starting this thread f...
Page 1 of 122

I am looking to buy schweser notes for CFA level one dec. Any knows where I can get it from Hyderabad. Or if I have to get i couriered from Bombay - how are the reviews for Mahakali and Maruthi Book house?

1 comment
sudhirvarmak
@sudhirvarmak  ·  0 karma

Kaplan Schweser Notes (Hard Copy) for CFA Level 1/2/3 available for sale in Hyderabad for price starting from Rs. 1200/- only. Please call @9949630308 for ordering/more details.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

any recommended bookstore in NCR for ( farzi 😁) study material? L1 Dec 2014

Fly away!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How good is edupristine for cfa level1 coaching?

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
sophiejain
@sophiejain  ·  0 karma

Hi, for free or sample  paper i have no idea but if you wish to buy it then can help you for the same..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
iimcracker15
@iimcracker15  ·  0 karma

Hi Puys. I am looking for your valuable inputs and guidance on CFA level 1  june '15 exam preparation. Could you please tell me:

1. What all to study for this exam?

2. Could you also share a few prep references whether it is  notes or other study guides? Any popular study guides/books. Where can I get them?

3. Are there any popular level 1 videos out there. If yes, kindly share the references with me. 

4. Any good coaching institute in India that I can enrol in for this exam?

Please do not hesitate to comment if you have any idea about any/all of this. Thanks

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi ,

I am planning to go for CFA level 1 in december 2014 , I don't have any prior knowledge of finance , Does the material that they provide during registration enough to clear the exam , Also can somebody guide me how to prepare for the exam .
Thanks
12 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 12
sophiejain
@sophiejain  ·  0 karma

Hi for l1 study you should follow Schweser's book and 3-4 hours-a-day you can devote for the same..... well there are many institute ...but go for the authorized one..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shubhranshu19
@shubhranshu19  ·  0 karma

There is one shop in mumbai they deliver at your location just google it.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I teach finance at VJIM, Hyderabad. I love teaching and I am really passionate about simplifying finance. If anyone needs help in understanding business news feel free to direct them to me. I also write a blog called abhishekteaches.blogspot.in. Please visit the blog and let me know your views ...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I write a blog called abhishekteaches.blogspot.in. The aim of the blog is to demystify financial news. Your view /suggestions are invited.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am little confused with this :

σxy=1/n*Ʃ(X-µx)(Y-µy) =1/nƩXY – (µX*µY)σ^2=1/n*Ʃ(X-µ)^2=1/n*Ʃ(X^2) - µ^2

Please advice me on the last part of both formulas in particular, and can anybody explain this to me

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Join this forum those who are giving L1 in June

PGDM 2013-15 | International Management Institute | New Delhi || Facebook- http://goo.gl/WjKF5w
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@abhi2luv

Just registered for the CFA level1 exam..Haven't made such a huge investment in life ever So where do I get started?? Can anyone guide me?

start studying financial reporting and analysis as it covers a major chunk of the syllabus

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
abhi2luv
@abhi2luv  ·  0 karma
@shruti.shinde And is the material provided by CFA institute enough or anyting else is needed?
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shruti.shinde
@shruti.shinde  ·  0 karma

material provided by CFA institute is very vast.. if u have the time to cover it.. nothing else is required...else you can always opt to refer schweser notes

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just registered for the CFA level1 exam..
Haven't made such a huge investment in life ever 😠
So where do I get started?? Can anyone guide me?
mg

Some of the most wonderful people are the ones who don't fit into boxes.
2 comments
gsandhya05
@gsandhya05  ·  26 karma

which date have u taken?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
abhi2luv
@abhi2luv  ·  0 karma
@gsandhya05 December one
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...