CFA Level 1 December 2010

901 Posts  ·  296 Users
About this group
* Snipped!! *
Page 1 of 91
yap...there happen to be this market for books in Ber Sarai (while going frm AIIMS to IITD, cross the IITD hostel gate, take immediate left turn and there you can see the market). I just inquired one of them (Bharat Book Store, i guess- rt opp to Jawahar book depot) abt CFA L1 material and he told me 1200 for the photocopy & 2000 for the original material...didn't bargained cos wasn't very serious abt buying the stuff at that moment. u guys can give it a shot and let us all know....

hope this helps....(was actually told to me by a friend and i just happen to explore it)....

The quality of materials from Bharat Book Center at Ber Sarai is EXTREMELY POOR. You cannot see more than 40% of the content, as all the illustrations and diagrams are totally blacked out. Without reading these illustrations and diagrams its very difficult to understand the concepts properly, as the material in the text is linked to each other and the text gives references to diagrams to explain the concepts.

When I went back to him complaining of this, he said "When others can read, then you can also read". He refused to take the notes back for a refund. When I fought more, he said that he can give me any book worth 1/5th of the cost of the notes !!

Finally I agreed to take the book, as I thought something is better than nothing !! Not only that, he mentioned that he will courier the book to my address. Its been more than 8 months, of calling him every week, and he has not sent me any book.

Also, after returning his notes, I had to arrange for these notes from Mumbai, but I had already lost about 3-4 weeks owing to the time taken for couriering these notes.

Pls DO NOT BUY any notes from Bharat Book Center at Ber Sarai, if you want to save your precious time and money.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hi Puys,
Below is the link for preparation tips fr CFA level 1:

CFA thoughts

thnx bhai..............

Hey puys, could anyone please tell me what the structure of the exam? What are the question's like?

I have just started to read FRA LOS 29 and saw a few questions at the end.

Are the questions similar to those given in the curriculum/schweser or are the questions in these books merely preparatory in purpose with the actual exam questions being at another level altogether in terms of difficulty?

Regards,

Prashant

Cleared Level 1.....

Congrats to all those who made it, cheers!!

Got my mail at 7.47pm

Cleared Level 1 with >70% in all sections

thats a g8 score... im giving june 2011
with no prior finance knowledge... could you guid me with preps and tips??

hi could plz mail me the secret sauce pdf @ sargam111@gmail.com
ill be appearing for june 2011

Its really true they have decreased passing % to a great extent.

Lets see what they do in Level 2 June 2010.

TAPMI Class of 2014; CFA International Level 2 Candidate

Started studying for CFA level 1 in September 2010.

feels good to have finally cleared it in First attempt. Lots of efforts put in it.

:drinking::drinking:

Hi guys,

I have cleared CFA level 1 in December 2010 with more than 70% in 7 areas & 50-70 % in remaining. it was my first attempt. Feeling gr8.

CFA level 1 - Pass

CAT 09 - 92.07 %ile, Converts - IMT-N ( Din't joined)
CAT 08 - 87.10 %ile, Filled no forms

CAT 11 - M cuming

jimmy4uhere Says
Thanks 4 d reply..do u knw hw 2 calculate scale from the mail cfa guys hav sent us as our result..m nt getting any scale thing in my mail..al i getting is passed and scores range in each portion..

i tried calculating my score approx for 50 -70 range i took an assumption that my score is 60% getting arnd 163 questions right but as implex said 75% is the pass mark i think there is where i lost out