Cfa level 1 dec'12 study discussions

23 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hey guys, i am planning for dec'12 cfa attempt. I am looking forward to form a study group in Mumbai through which we can share the study strategy and opinions, tips, tricks regarding the exam. Those who are interested may comment below. Thanks.
Page 1 of 3

Are the Kaplan Scheweser books the same for June 2012 and Dec 2012 L1 exams?

They look like the same: purchased from a Xerox shop @ churchgate a week back.

Eg: Both are having similar cover (Green cover)....

CA CFA L1 and now MBA from FMS.... what next?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

200 pages of FSA done in 5 days

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
If you are planning ahead for the CFA Level1 - June 2013, discuss here

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Plz explain the following with an example
a) Deferred tax assets
b) Impairment in PPE

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yes Schweser notes is sufficient for round 1.Please start your preparation so we can start our discussion.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what is the source that you people are using for practice question, other than at the end of each LOS in the books(schweser and cfai)?

I am using schweser question bank, is that sufficent?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[396551:sasi_sword]

Hello guys, my queries are:

1. What are the job prospects after completing cfa level 1 and how much pay can be expected. I m a fresher and graduated in commerce this year.

2. Im still doubtful about giving cfa this dec as i have completed about 2 study seasions in fra and 1 study session in eco (both from schweser)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[354893:sushant1002001] Take mock tests and you will know where you stand. analystforum and analystnotes are two good websites where you can find questions related to CFA

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys, Please advise me how to study for Economics+Ethics + Maths of L1. I am a qualified CA(1st attempt) and working in an IT giant. I have finished almost 3 scheweser books ; and am in derivatives section of book "Fixed Income Securities".

After this i am gonna start "Ethics, Maths" and then the "economics" book of Schweser.

Please advise me how to efficiently and effectively study for L1 esp the pending segments.

I dunno why, even after being in this stage of completion, i am not feeling that confident. Is it because of the cost involved?

You can answer me via PM.

Thanks.

CA CFA L1 and now MBA from FMS.... what next?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello all,Hope everything is going fine.

I just want to know one thing.....how can i practice the questions...i have schweser notes with me and curriculum as well.But i want to do as many questions of individual chapters.Do anyone know anything about this?Please Pm me the link if any online site avail for this.
Thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...