CET Information and Strategies

954 Posts  ·  219 Users
About this group
Hi All ... Starting a new thread for CET .. Idea is to share information and also discuss the various test taking strategies. To introduce myself .. I am Patrick, JB 2000 batch. Was All India 3rd in CET 1998. Have been training students for CET...
Page 1 of 96
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Directorate of Technical Education
check this link for gd pi centre confirmation.

cheerz
Gawwwd! These DTE guys REALLY do sound crazy .....But hey,u say here that the notice between announcement and dates of filling the option form is not even a week...but as far as I can remember last year the GDPI results were declared somewhere around the 10th or 15th of June,right? and if the form filling period was between 5-12 July,that would still give u around 3 weeks,wouldn't it? Pls correct me if I am wrong...Just want to get all my facts straight b4 I leave for Mumbai...!

Also,when are the FINAL results announced and when exactly do the classes start?

All this makes it looks like it won't be before August,right?

3 weeks yes, if u r considering the gap between the provisional list and the option form filling date. Even 3 weeks during vacation reservation frm delhi to Mumbai or return is almost nil, check these dates for booking from Indian Railway online and u will be surprised w/list is in hundreds (for even 2AC and 3 AC)!

BUT u must remember for OMS actual merit is clear only after the MAT score has been submitted and the final OMS list is out. From last year's lists it is clear these two lists (one before the MAT score is considered and the earlier provisional merit list) are totally different as far merit ranks are considered particularly for the top 2 MIs.
It is getting confusing... isn't it?!

PS:
By the way last years dates were:
CET: 26/2 (2007: 25/2)
Result: 23/3 (2007: 3/4)
GD/PI: 22/5 to 4/6 or 6/6 (not sure of the last GDPI) (2007: 14/5 to 31/5)
Provisional Merit List: 9/6
Option Form ( & MAT Score ?) 5/7 to 12/7
Final Merit List: 14/7
Allotment list: 24/7

Hope it helps in guessing this year's dates

BSet
Funky_iflex Says
hi Guys My GD/PI ...is 2mmr at syd..1st day 1st shw guys...will update u guys after it happens..

Funky, all the best 😃 !

@all, please post your CET GDPI experiences here :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cet-2007-exclusive-for-gd-pi-experiences-only-25023125

hi Guys My GD/PI ...is 2mmr at syd..1st day 1st shw guys...will update u guys after it happens..

another thing....and a very crucial one at that......

Don't u think these DTE guys need a whack on their bums?

Option form has to be verified at the same ARC centre where you got ur form verified!!One more travel all the way to Mumbai just to get a signature and uploading ur option by the ARC coordinator.
Worse is the notice between announcement and dates of filling the option form is so short (not even a week) that it will be impossible to get any reservation on train (mainly due to vacations ending!) and the duration for filling the option form last year was only 7 days (5-12 july). U can trust DTE for harrassment.
ATB
B Set

Gawwwd! These DTE guys REALLY do sound crazy .....But hey,u say here that the notice between announcement and dates of filling the option form is not even a week...but as far as I can remember last year the GDPI results were declared somewhere around the 10th or 15th of June,right? and if the form filling period was between 5-12 July,that would still give u around 3 weeks,wouldn't it? Pls correct me if I am wrong...Just want to get all my facts straight b4 I leave for Mumbai...!

Also,when are the FINAL results announced and when exactly do the classes start?

All this makes it looks like it won't be before August,right?

hey guys,

on the DTE website there is a new link for GD/PI centres.im assuming that these are for the centres to log in and not for the students.i hope that is the case as i have not filled any form or done anything else form-wise after the cet in february. i think now paperwork comes into the picture only after the GD/PI right ??

have i missed out on anything ?? can anyone clear this up ??

thanks a lot ppl !!

amit_anand05 Says
well..u can fill for 15 colleges in option form. this wud be done online and den u have to take a printout and confirm this form at an ARC centre...that means another trip to maharastra

Option form has to be verified at the same ARC centre where you got ur form verified!!One more travel all the way to Mumbai just to get a signature and uploading ur option by the ARC coordinator.
Worse is the notice between announcement and dates of filling the option form is so short (not even a week) that it will be impossible to get any reservation on train (mainly due to vacations ending!) and the duration for filling the option form last year was only 7 days (5-12 july). U can trust DTE for harrassment.
ATB
B Set
17.surabhi Says
Also, can sumone pls answer this? How many colleges can one fill up in the option form once the GD PI Results are out? And how is this form filling bit done? Is it online or are we supposed to make another trip to Mumbai?

well..u can fill for 15 colleges in option form. this wud be done online and den u have to take a printout and confirm this form at an ARC centre...that means another trip to maharastra