CET 2012 - 11 March Analysis, experience, discussion, expectations

300 Posts  ·  140 Users
About this group
Hi All, Wishing everyone best of luck for CET 2012!! How was the paper for you.. post your experience, expectations here. To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CET 2012 experience in the following format :...
Page 1 of 30
@Mbakarlore said: help me to decide
go to this thread bro..http://pagalguy.com/forums/cet-mat-state-level-related/cap-rounds-mhcet-mms-2012-2014-t-83485/p-3584903?page=12
Converts: SITM, SCIT, NM Hyderabad, IMT Nagpur..SITM Pune it is
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

help me to decide

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

anyone got alkesh dinesh modi

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

that is not OMS OBC i.e is OHU SC !! it is 152 for OHU SC ,for OHU OBC it was 163 (next page) , there is no reservation in OMS seats !

Did not have this information. Thank you.

(http://www.dte.org.in/mbacapallotment/CAP-I/MBA2011_CAP-1_CutOff.pdf)
Page Number 41. OMS OBC (GSCO) - 152/240.
Please confirm.

Thank you.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
You are partially right about ILS. In SIES yes its transperant. Only on merit.
But, except SIES there are many many(read:almost all) the bschools take donations for ILS. I mean, c'mon they have the liberty to fill the seats. Be it thru donations or thru merit.
and when I say this, i have personal exp for all of them.(I have been to like 10 known bschools of mumbai)Even very less know Parle Tilak also take donations for ILS!

Did not have this information. Thank you.

rahuldude Says
cut off for OBC was 150 , not 152 for CAP round 1 !

(http://www.dte.org.in/mbacapallotment/CAP-I/MBA2011_CAP-1_CutOff.pdf)
Page Number 41. OMS OBC (GSCO) - 152/240.
Please confirm.

Thank you.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

cut off for OBC was 150 , not 152 for CAP round 1 !

Cut -off for JBIMS (2011):
OMS Open Category (GOPENO) - 170/240
OMS OBC (GSCO) - 152/240

Hope that helps.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello.

So you are a Type A Candidate (HSC and Degree Certification from Maharashtra State) and Home University is Mumbai.

Understand the fact that just by mentioning your CMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA scores does not mean that your candidature type will be changed without your knowledge. The DTE system would calculate your rank in a way (depending on your CMAT and CET scores) that your best score (after formulated calculation) amongst the two exams will be used to provide you with the rank. You can then decide if you want to apply through your State Rank or All India Rank accordingly, in the CAP Rounds.

There is a certain degree of preference given to all Maharashtra State candidates (Type A, Type B, Type C, etc.) over the OMS candidates because the CET is a Government of Maharashtra undertaking exam. Every candidate regardless of Candidature Type or Home University will be given a State Rank and University Rank. Now in your case, at 77.05%ile your State Rank would be (approximately) in the 14,000 to 15,000 range. If supposing you were an OMS Candidate, your rank would change accordingly.

Please stop spreading rubbish like this. Deserving candidates would avoid applying to prestigious institutes like SIMSR and SIES because of juvenile comments such as yours. Think well before you speak, dude. There is no donation involved in Institute Level Seats (http://www.siescoms.edu/images/pdf/mmsdetails.pdf). I personally know a few candidates who had applied last year and got admission through ILS in SIMSR and SIES and they were only asked to pay the fee that was decided by Mumbai University.

ILS is a pre-decided percentage of seats (approved by DTE) that each institute can give to their Minority Group. Now, if the college does not belong to a minority group (JBIMS, WE, MET, etc.), then management seats can be given to students. There may be donation (or back-door entries) involved in Management Seats but not in Institute Level Seats at least.

Best of luck.

You are partially right about ILS. In SIES yes its transperant. Only on merit.
But, except SIES there are many many(read:almost all) the bschools take donations for ILS. I mean, c'mon they have the liberty to fill the seats. Be it thru donations or thru merit.
and when I say this, i have personal exp for all of them.(I have been to like 10 known bschools of mumbai)Even very less know Parle Tilak also take donations for ILS!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
svinay11 Says
what will be cut for jb out of 240 for pune uni candidate from open and obc category?

Cut -off for JBIMS (2011):
OMS Open Category (GOPENO) - 170/240
OMS OBC (GSCO) - 152/240

Hope that helps.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi,
i dont know much about the dte procedures and i am a little bit confused about it ,so i need ur help
i have given CMAT and CET this year
i am a Type-A candidate ,with home university -mumbai ,and i even have my domicile of maharashtra of birth.now my confusion is that as
and i have also mentioned my cmat scores in cet form ,so i will be given both state merit rank and as well as all india merit rank of cmat in the coming provisional list on 16 june 2012.
but as i have given my cmat scores too will they change my candidature to OMS ,
Because i wanted to take admission in a college in maharashtra only ,and i know that the type A candidates is given first preference then OMS ....so i dont want my candidature to be changed from Type-A to OMS .....will this create a problem, for me ....

Hello.

So you are a Type A Candidate (HSC and Degree Certification from Maharashtra State) and Home University is Mumbai.

Understand the fact that just by mentioning your CMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA scores does not mean that your candidature type will be changed without your knowledge. The DTE system would calculate your rank in a way (depending on your CMAT and CET scores) that your best score (after formulated calculation) amongst the two exams will be used to provide you with the rank. You can then decide if you want to apply through your State Rank or All India Rank accordingly, in the CAP Rounds.

There is a certain degree of preference given to all Maharashtra State candidates (Type A, Type B, Type C, etc.) over the OMS candidates because the CET is a Government of Maharashtra undertaking exam. Every candidate regardless of Candidature Type or Home University will be given a State Rank and University Rank. Now in your case, at 77.05%ile your State Rank would be (approximately) in the 14,000 to 15,000 range. If supposing you were an OMS Candidate, your rank would change accordingly.

SUJITLT Says
dont go for it ,its a trap to take you out of list and make u pay donation .....the amount they ask for ils is sky high!!!

Please stop spreading rubbish like this. Deserving candidates would avoid applying to prestigious institutes like SIMSR and SIES because of juvenile comments such as yours. Think well before you speak, dude. There is no donation involved in Institute Level Seats (http://www.siescoms.edu/images/pdf/mmsdetails.pdf). I personally know a few candidates who had applied last year and got admission through ILS in SIMSR and SIES and they were only asked to pay the fee that was decided by Mumbai University.

ILS is a pre-decided percentage of seats (approved by DTE) that each institute can give to their Minority Group. Now, if the college does not belong to a minority group (JBIMS, WE, MET, etc.), then management seats can be given to students. There may be donation (or back-door entries) involved in Management Seats but not in Institute Level Seats at least.

Best of luck.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys,
i dont know much about the dte procedures and i am a little bit confused about it ,so i need ur help
i have given CMAT and CET this year
i am a Type-A candidate ,with home university -mumbai ,and i even have my domicile of maharashtra of birth.now my confusion is that as
and i have also mentioned my cmat scores in cet form ,so i will be given both state merit rank and as well as all india merit rank of cmat in the coming provisional list on 16 june 2012.
but as i have given my cmat scores too will they change my candidature to OMS ,
Because i wanted to take admission in a college in maharashtra only ,and i know that the type A candidates is given first preference then OMS ....so i dont want my candidature to be changed from Type-A to OMS .....will this create a problem, for me ....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...