Certifications in core finance

17 Posts  ·  56 Users
About this group
Hey all, I want to do a certification in core finance to build my resume. I want a certification which carries weight. CFA will take too much time. Is there something which can help me in getting a job sooner than later? Banks which came for cam...
Page 1 of 2

For financial modelling materials at deep discounted price, pls mail to sunshineondewdrops@gmail.com 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

If someone is interested in buying the FLIP certification course and is searching for a referral code. Use this FLIPREF132830 I didn't get to use it, you should.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For certification in Banking and Finance, you can do courses from FLIP, which will be value addition to your CV. You can use my refferal code REFNC1781637 to get discount (1500-2000 plus additional discount of Rs 250). Visit www.learnwithflip.com and on checkout page add my referral code REFNC1781637

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

The best way to get into Finance (including banking) is via a short course. At Imarticus, we offer courses in Investment Banking, Capital Markets, M&As, Trade Finance, CFA, Financial Modeling, Risk Management, and more. How would you like us to help you out? Here is a link to our website for more information! http://imarticus.org/

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This article expresses my view on IIP july data in September published first in Global Analyst October edition

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I want to do CFA but will have to wait till Dec 2012 for the exam and Jan 2013 for the result. :banghead: Can't exactly stay without a job till then. FLIP certifications look interesting. Saw some recommendations in another thread and decided to look them up. Pretty comprehensive list of certifications. Thinking of which one to do is the main issue now

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1. Thanks for launching this thread first.

2. NSE Certifications of NCFM have no market value, except they are required at a stock-broker house.

3. NISM Certifications of NISM MFD Module is a must of selling Mutual Funds, but there are lot of people holding it, & everyone now-a-days buys online Mutual Funds.

4. All other certifications are used much to extent for generating revenue by the Certification launching Companies.

5. CFA is the best, in this way that you can add in your Resume, even by merely stating the CFA Level 1 or 2 or 3 passed candidate. And it has global value. That is why it is best & most comprehensive for Stock-Market field jobs.

6. If someone wants a list of more financial certifications, then better Google your desired specific interest, you will definitely find atleast one.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
CFA or CA. Which is more preferred in the market in INDIA? After my MBA if i wish to chose between the two?

What is the cost and time associated with both?

whthr u consider india or globally, CFA scores ovr CA nyday.
u cn refer d abv thread in d same page 4 time factor associatd wid CFA.
It costs around 1000-1600 $ (dollar)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Deepak- CFA and CA are two totally different streams. See their course content and then decide what you want to do. Both are well respected charters and require total dedication. If you go purely by numbers, it is easier for a CA to get a good job in India. But I would again warn you to go for the course based on your interest and not "markets" or "money".
As vivek said, NSE is more of a formality for companies. Also I would suggest FLIP's courses are very good. I have done their Treasury and capital markets certification. Currently doing currency and interest derivatives. I am sure you will also find some of the courses of your interest there.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

CFA or CA. Which is more preferred in the market in INDIA? After my MBA if i wish to chose between the two?

What is the cost and time associated with both?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...