Celt music anyone?

9 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
any one for the afro celt sound system? I am looking for some sources of celt music. I like The Corrs. Is there any other band that you'd know? I wanna mix it with some Music from the Middle east, and see what I get? Regards DJK P.S: d...
Page 1 of 1

or you could go to www.live365.com and then search for celtic music. you would get host of stations playing celtic music

ciao

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
mituag Says
but do we have to pay for downloading stuff??

Nope. That be the ultimate beauty of it all. Its assuming that your anonymous 'peers' have no problem with sharing the files. The only money you'll be dishing out is the payment for your Internet connection.

u cud also try Ares.its like kazaa..gud thing abt it is that u get lot of results if you type in Celtic

but do we have to pay for downloading stuff??

One word. P2P. If you subscribe to the P2P idea, download an aplication and download your songs. My sister listens to a lot of Celtic music and we coudn't find too many CD's here. Worse, if we did, it was sooo expensive. If you want to stick to CD's, try Putumayo's world music. I think you might find something there.

I use Kazaa, and you can find pretty any song you want: French, Euro-Pop, I even found KC and the Sunshine Band.

One word. P2P. If you subscribe to the P2P idea, download an aplication and download your songs. My sister listens to a lot of Celtic music and we coudn't find too many CD's here. Worse, if we did, it was sooo expensive. If you want to stick to CD's, try Putumayo's world music. I think you might find something there.

I use Kazaa, and you can find pretty any song you want: French, Euro-Pop, I even found KC and the Sunshine Band.

the best way to get celt music online imho is to download the netscape online radio player n tune into the celt channel..
fabulous music with all sortsa fun track information.

http://ns-radio.netscape.com/radio/radioclient/radioweb/html/download.html

n the music there is not just abt bagpipes droning n all that...there r some fabulous recorder-bodhran duets there..definitely a must-listen...

for popular celt stuff, i guess afro celt sound system is good..esp "magic and mayhem"..beautiful track..
and there's also a corrs instrumental called "toss the feathers"...doesnt sound quite as authentic cuz of the piano but the reedplay by andrea is amazing!

hope that does the trick
cheerios
John

You can also try the broadway group Riverdance

You can try Enya - it's more of Gaelic music but with notes of Celtic.
Also, there is Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance which is pure Celtic music.

http://www.lordofthedance.com

any one for the afro celt sound system? I am looking for some sources of celt music. I like The Corrs. Is there any other band that you'd know? I wanna mix it with some Music from the Middle east, and see what I get?

Regards
DJK
P.S: did you know kambhakt Ishq is "inspired" by the track Eiraan By Afro Celt Sound System?