CCNA &/or MCSE ???

13 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
hi guys , I am a CISA (certified information system auditor) and a CAfinal student. i am planning to do a course in networkin... can anybody suggest which one should it be ?? heard of ccna & mcse..any ideas whether it would be a value addi...
Page 1 of 2

where can i get ccna training in ahmedabad!!!!!!!!
pls reply asap

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

waht i feel is that u just want ur networking basics right before getting into security .what i feel is do not appear for any certifications as they cost you 7/10 k.Instead you could try picking up any book from engineering course such as tanenboum for networking.It gives you the very basic .else there are institutes which give basic lan/wan fundamentals .I believe jetking is doing something as they have courses for 10+2 passed people.Networking is a vast field CCNA is for cisco equipment .MCSE gives u an idea on Microsift windows.Then there is a one year certificate course from Jamia abt networking basics which they are teaching through tie up with study centres.
This information audit that you have cleared in itself is really good .There is alot of demand in India also.concentrate on that part and get some basics

hope it helps

And yes i forgot to add Security auditing/consulting experience would definately be many a notches above a networking and system admin job experience.

Hmm....as i see that u have already done CISA and into final year CA ...myself being in security field would advise u to go for CISSP and u can make a good career in Information security auditing in a major conuslting company ....like E&Y..CCNA;& MCSE .....another better choice would be to go for CISM...a step above in the ladder after cisa and CISSP...

Hope this helps

Go 4 CCNP . It holds more value than CCNA or MCSE. But remeber the institutes must have real routers and not those crappy simulated ones.

THANX
CHEERS

hi
cation can get u the basics of a network .
N+ certification is given by COMPTIA .... single paper u will hav to appear for...that costs about $150 ....

If u think it is costly , then leave it , that is not mandatory , u can as well do a CCNA / CCNP ...best of all networking exams ( but u need to know some basics ..so u can study N+ ..)

IIHT is an excellent institute bringing hordes of certified people from india . Certification ranging from MCSE/MCSA/MCDST to CCNA/CCNP to ORACLE/RHCE/SOLARIS etc.

An excellent institute

hi guys ,

I am a CISA (certified information system auditor) and a CAfinal student. i am planning to do a course in networkin... can anybody suggest which one should it be ??
heard of ccna & mcse..any ideas whether it would be a value addition ...or pls suggest anyother course that would help me in reviewing a company networking sytem.. any couse from NIIT ??

how much would they cost..where can i learn( i mean good ones) in bombay..i know that ccna & mcse are exams..but which r known good places that train u in this so that i have some practical experience...

any & all inputs r welcome..

regards

thanx mohit.
point noted....
would be grateful if u could suggest some other course tht could hlp me in times 2 come..somethin tht will help me have an edge over others.

planning to do mba but after 3 yrs...tht too from ISB-Hyderabad..

regards,

vibhor

MS
@MS  ·  0 karma

Hi silversurfer,
hey mate where exactly are you going ?
from auditing to networking is not a sane journey...ccna/mcse as such dont have a very high value...at one time it was OK but now its not...if you want to have some idea of networking for your audit purpose...dont know why you might need it but MCSE/CCNA is definetly not that stuff...
I really dont agree with CCNA/MCSE with your backup plan...Dont do it.
Mohit

hi again...

d study pattern f cisa is pure theoretical... tht implied i had to combine my audit experience wd this cisa certification to gain an understanding f information systems... but sometimes d systems r really complicated for anyone not havin a strong background f networkin as v r at times asked 2 evaluate whether the netwokin btw systems is secure & better than those existing and evaluate d pros & cons among diff. configd...

thts d only reason i am plannin /thinkin f doin a course which will provide me wid added capabilities...wht say ??? do let me knw , if i am thinkin is rite??? i jst heard from some f my friends tht i could try my hand at CCNA/MCSE... actually even i dont know much abt how much thy r related 2 networkin & stuff...& thts wht i am tryin 2 find out..

regards
vibhor

well......was that a serious post??? i mean. u r already a cisa and into ca final.....then why is it that u want to have anything to do with n/w administration stuff et al...... r u sure u have a good idea of what guys with ccna/mcse end up doing????

Cheers

|| Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity ||