CAT wrong Retest mails

9 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
Hi All, I got a mail regarding the retset but my cat went very well. I am not at all willing to take the test . I called to the candidate care center . They also assured me that this is because of the technical problem .Then they told me that...
Page 1 of 1

even i recieved a mail stating fr retest with admit card bt wen i called them they told me to reply back to that mail with saying that i dont want to give retest its my wish as some of the questions were missing from my set

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

My clocktime of CAT exam was definitely more than 135 minutes as my system was hanged for few minutes in between, but I did not got any mail of optional or compulsory retest. So, I mailed through CAT website stating my problem. The reply I got after few days in my inbox is

Dear Candidate,
Thank you for your email.

After thoroughly reviewing all CAT 2009 candidates that were scheduled to test, you have not been identified as a candidate that is entitled for a retest. To view the 7 criteria where retests are allowed, please go to Update on ongoing Computerized CAT 2009.

Sincerely,
CAT Candidate Care Support
Prometric Testing Pvt. Ltd.
IIM-CAT Contact Us

Hi All,

I got a mail regarding the retset but my cat went very well. I am not at all willing to take the test . I called to the candidate care center . They also assured me that this is because of the technical problem .Then they told me that I am not in the intended candidate list and my marks are also visible but now after three days of this whole stupid stuff they are saying that my marks are not visible and I have to take the test again. I am highly pissed off.
I request to all of you , who are facing any such problem to reply me and tell me how to approach them. They are just playing with our one year hardwork .
They have not a single reason behind the rescheduling and merely justifying their mail.

Please help me out.

Hey! you can mail Satish Deodhar with details such as when were you told that your answers were not saved, what was the medium of communication (phone IVRS or email) at admission@iimahd.ernet.in
If he finds the info correct enough he will take up the matter with Prometric.
I urge everyone to mail Satish Deodhar with their details. Then probably he will come to know that there is actually a problem in the whole scenario.
Hi All,

I got a mail regarding the retset but my cat went very well. I am not at all willing to take the test . I called to the candidate care center . They also assured me that this is because of the technical problem .Then they told me that I am not in the intended candidate list and my marks are also visible but now after three days of this whole stupid stuff they are saying that my marks are not visible and I have to take the test again. I am highly pissed off.
I request to all of you , who are facing any such problem to reply me and tell me how to approach them. They are just playing with our one year hardwork .
They have not a single reason behind the rescheduling and merely justifying their mail.

Please help me out.

Dear Puys,

I would recommend...dont just call up call center ppl.....try nd get their answer to your queries via an email.....
If anythings goes wrong now I am sure they'll say....we are not responsible.....its better to have a documentation of such things then just some unknown person telling you some thing...

chheeerrrrzzzzz:cheerio:

Mod Note: Please post only if you have a case similar to Stuti. Do not spam on this thread.

My friend also received a mail from Prometric for scheduling retest inspite his test went fine. Donno wat they r doing......Are they thinking that appearing in CAT is the sole aim for candidates.
@ Stuti, If they are saying that ur score was available 2 days back and not it has gone for a walk. Wat about others.Are they sure by 3rd week of FEB they would be declaring results.

OHH GOD, Dont kno wat will happen?

hey Avinash,

I am planning to mail them keeping all the directors in CC . Can't we all gear up asap and drop a consolidated mail to them. I have attempted 54/60 and have high expectations from CAT . I don't allow anybody to ruin it like that only. do u??????

Well, u were satisfied by ur exam? I was unsatisfied and I fall in the 140+ mins category...and they have not even mailed me anything abt it....further, i called the Customer Care and they are saying my name doesnt even appear in the Retest List....but my PC hanged once and the restart took more thn 10mins...dont know wht will happen this time to CAT

Hi All,

Please help me out.

Hi All,

Please help me out.