CAT Score Discrepancy

68 Posts  ·  45 Users
About this group
Hi guys I never thought i will have to see this day and face my worst nightmare.I had calculated a score of EU ( 26 minimum) DI ( 44) and quant ( 58 and an overall of minimum 128 Yesterday when the results were out I could not believe that it ...
Page 1 of 7

take this guys
my friend told me his score is 111 percentile 97.08
my score 112 percentile is 96.58:wow:
can i get any explanatin for this

1 like
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

And I thought I was the onlu unlucky one and see what there are a palenty of them.

According to the official IIm key i was scoring a 30 in EU but I got 25 in my score card.
As far as the marking a wrong option(when i solved the question correctly) is concerned it is nill as
1) It never happened befor in countless number of competitive exams and mocks gave.
2) I always immediately mark the option as and when i manage to solve the question.

The only possibility was that the reader was not able to read my marked option due to 'incorrect filling' but then my score is 5 less than expected i.e. they evaluated 1 answer as wrong when there key is showing it as right, so not a chance of this 'mistake' also.

Kudos to iims for managing the greatest mess in the CAT history (well after that leak case) (on a second thought may be this time they were not as bad as it seems but i m screwed, just got 97.96 %tile)

Any suggestion what should I do or can do?

1 like

I did not recieve any response from IIMs.Have they responded to any of you?

any updates?.....
any responses from any of the IIM;s?
the struggle seems to have fizzed away i guess....

Seems like the fight is begining to fizz away with time......but I think its important that we persevere and continue doing what is right and what needs to be done....the IIM;s cannot just push this under the carpet......I will be evoking RTI to see my OMR sheet..I have tried callling all IIM;s but havent had a positive response from them.............but I wont give up and so shudnt candidates who have been affected.....KEEP TRYING AND KEEP MAILING

It only recently came to my notice

I scored 12 less than what I am getting according to IIM keys in DI. But I think it was mainly because I failed to mark a full set in the OMR. The reason being has there been faulty evaluation, I would have got -15.But still it might very well be due to faulty evaluation.So many people complaining have created doubts in my mind that IIMs algo has failed to pick my answers in the set.

Besides, one question in DI in which every insti was concurring, is giving me -5. Because IIMs have come up with a different answer. A potential loss of -17 marks and a possible 100%ile in DI.

I have not suffered much from this mishap as I already got 99.7X and calls from LAIC (B & K still to be checked).But it could have been a different story had I been a borderline case.

I fully support a re-evaluation movement.

I am having the same problem.
I am getting 10 marks less in DI and VA in actual score than that calculated through IIM answer key.

Score Actual Answer Key
DILR 54 64
VA 11 21
Quant 44 44

Excellent work all of you that you are atleast mailing them.....as this thing is moving ahead suddenly i am hopeful about things changing and people actually waking up and seeing that we have a point here...latest is that I have mailed all directors and top officials at IIM's concerned with the admisssion process.I suggest you also do the same.we deserve our dues and they should know whats going on.
There are couple of things very important for the movement to gather muster.
1) more and more candidates should evaluate their answers from the IIM OFFICIAL ANSWER KEY and look out for discrepancies...no matter which score bracket one is.This is important not just for this year but for years to come....if there is a chunk in their armour...it needs to be exposed...if there are lacunaes which i am sure there are they need to be corrected.....we need to spread the word and motivate people to do that.
2) I have also contacted the media and trust me the moment they smell of something fishy we have the ball in our court....SO STAY POSITIVE AND REMEMBER THAT EVERY CALL AND EVERY MAIL WE MARK CARRIES A WEIGHTAGE.

keep mailing and all the best to all of us.

My scores are perfect and as expected in Quant and DI. Verbal was so dicey, that I did not bother to check. My set was 444.

I have a different concern.

1) The elimination of the luggage question in DI.

It had two questions associated with it. If anyone who had solved the first part correctly and attempted it , should have got marks for the second part as well. That is because everyone would have attempted the question to answer 2 questions. And when the 2nd answer was wrong, it forced to re-check the solution, which took time!

2) I am also preplexed by the criteria by IIMB. Normalization between different boards and Univs is a must before comparing them!

I certainly understand the pressures/tensions associated with the CAT score, but I am a candidate who got what he expected.

All the best for your endeavours.

-----'There are two tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want. The other is getting it!' - Oscar Wilde----

Hii All i do not have exact details of my attempts and hence cannot calculate my score exactly.But i still feel that my score is damn low especially considering my mocks and previous CAT scores.Will it make sense writing to them for a revaluation? Sujay