CAT & GMAT takers 2013

50 Posts  ·  49 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, I am creating this group for those who plan to take both CAT and GMAT in 2013. Lets share our ideas on how to prepare simultaneously for both exams. Would you take CAT before GMAT or GMAT before CAT ? Preparation material / Co...
Page 1 of 5

IIM-A Overseas Admission (I am not sure where to post this, but since this is mostly about the GMAT, I thought this might work, but I'm sorry if this isn't appropriate!)

I'm a US Citizen and a senior in college at a top 10 university by the US News & World Reports (Does IIM-A care about what university you went to at all?). I am applying to IIM-A this year, but am very confused by the wealth of information online, so I was hoping for any help or advice about the overseas admission.

I took the GMAT a couple weeks ago, and I think my overall score is fine (I got a 780), but I got a 50 on the math, which is the 89% percentile. Do I need to retake the GMAT? I heard that for IIM-A, you need at least a 99% percentile? Or is that only for the overall score?

I was talking to my cousin in India, and I don't know how the CAT works at all actually, but he told me that you need a score of around a 320 on the CAT to get into IIM. But a 780 on the GMAT only translates over to a 298 according to IIM-A's online chart? I signed up to take the GMAT again, but now I'm kind of regretting that, because I don't know if I want to bother. I'm considering cancelling my test date. But I will if I have to. Any recommendations?

Also, I'm a double major in both a science and a humanities. Should I put both of my majors down on my application or choose only one?

Also, I was looking at the application rating score formula. I would receive a 10 for rating A, a 10 for rating B, but only a 7 for rating C. Does this significantly lower my chance of admissions?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide me! I am very, very confused right now. I tried calling the admissions office and I e-mailed them as well, but have only received good answers about the logistical parts of the application.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Guys ,

Gave my gmat today.620 Q48 V 28.Like every other person even i had those pipe dreams of getting a 700 plus.Guys m an engineer with a pretty decent quant aptitude but never really put much effort into verbal. Not that i cant converse or write some pretty 500 words in less than 30 mins but i know that my english grasping skills are weak. Since childhood i have been into sports and movie making .I have a very strong photographic memory but have never been into books or reading articles.
And i believe that the only way to shoot up ur verbal score is by improving your comprehensive skills and i would be very grateful if anybody could punch in some ideas on how to improve my verbal score(particularly RC) as i am planning to take my gmat again on november.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am planning to give GMAT. What books do i start with, to prepare for GMAT?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, I am preparing for CAT 2013 by myself.

But do u think I should join some coaching institute?? Will it make a real difference?

I did it in 2011 but did not find the coaching institue of great help?

And can u advice me where can I get study material for TIME n CL in Delhi>?

I would really appreciate your help.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey puys! Can someone pls throw light on the best time to give GMAT? How can one space out time between CAT and GMAT exams? Consider CAT dates from 16 Oct to 11 Nov. Pls reply!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

had joined time classes for CAT.. so studying from tht notes wud suffice for gmat???have never given gmat before..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

this is a damm helpful thread puys...plz keep it alive..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

please reply puys...i m confused abt which coaching to join...how about abroad education consultants who also provide coaching like PRINCETON, PLANET EDUCATION, INTER ADVISE. they give personal coaching. How are these for coaching?? any idea

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How many months of work experience do the overseas universities(admit through GMAT) expect from the aspirants ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi, I have done my M Com with 67% and B Com with 78% with more than 2 years of work ex in the finance sector in Bangalore. I am really out of touch with Quants. I wanna attempt the GMAT. Pugs, please guide me whether I should join a CAT coaching centre (BYJUS, TIME etc) to improve maths or directly join some GMAT classes (Princeton review, Crack Verbal €Ś please help shortlist) where they focus mostly on Verbal section.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...