CAT Consultancy - Find a solution to your prep problems.

2 Posts  ·  1 User
About this group
*Disclaimer : If you are new at CAT preparation then this thread is not meant for you. You are targeting 98+ percentile in CAT. Your basic fundey about CAT prep, Test series, Books etc. are clear.* After being a member of Pagalguy for quite s...
Page 1 of 1

Hi,

this is my first attempt at CAT...have enrolled for TIME correspondence package...have appeared for 5 AIMCATs till now..percentiles have been hovering invariably around 90 and score around 70...accuracy seems to be the problem in Sec II(mainly verbal)...around 50-70%...and speed in Sec I(mainly quant)....attempts around 15-17....

major concern seems to be Sec II though(been taking it for granted till nw), coz for secI, I am almost done with the TIME study material...would start attempting sectional tests and advanced course pretty soon(any additional tips in Sec I are also welcome)....would love to get tips on the specifics of VA prep...have been trying to read as much as i can...brought wren and martin to polish up grammer, will be starting with new words from tommorow....I have been working in infosys for past 6 mnths...nt mch work load(6-7 hrs daily)...also what would be the ideal balance in terms of time to be given to the various sections....

all the help is welcome
CAT '12 - 98.36, IIFT-54.43, SNAP-98.15, NMAT-208
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Disclaimer : If you are new at CAT preparation then this thread is not meant for you. You are targeting 98+ percentile in CAT. Your basic fundey about CAT prep, Test series, Books etc. are clear.

After being a member of Pagalguy for quite some time now. And being a member of PG Dream Team 2011, PG Dream Team 2010 and KDT 2010, this is an initiative taken by me to contribute to the forum.

This thread is one place to find a solution to specific problems faced during CAT preparation.

Following situations will be handled :-

1) Mock scores dipping constantly despite all the effort.
2) Getting an opinion on a particular strategy of attempting the paper.
3) Analyzing the profile, strengths, weakness and finding the loopholes.
4) Analyzing the academic profile and suggesting which all colleges to target.
5) GDPI guidance and mistakes not to make.
6) Analyzing the profile for GDPI and providing preparation guidance.

Following situations won't be handled :-

1) Which book to solve?
2) Which test-series is good?
3) Will I be able to crack CAT?
4) Reviewing of SOP?
5) Solving QA/DILR/VA questions.
6) Will I convert my call?
7) Review of GDPI experience to predict converts.
8 )Waitlist movement for B-schools.
9) Which date and slot will be lucky for me?
10) Will I get a Girlfriend?

Problem Case : Please post a short description of problem being faced.
eg: If mock scores dipping then give details of average attempts in each section, accuracy, time devoted to QA/DI and LR/VA. Strategy used while attempting the paper.

Consultants : PUYs who have made it to top colleges and secured 98+ %iles on CAT will answer your queries.

Awesome Gyan/Tricks Repositry

This thread will also be the repository of the tricks and gyan shared on DT/ UDT/ SBT/Regional DT. Just quote the original post here.
This task can be done by any member. Please quote only the posts which are really helpful and not just anything.
eg: DI tricks by vipul88 of DT'09 fame.

Note:
  1. I request the members of previous year DT/ UDT/ SBT/Regional DT and other experienced puy, who have aced top colleges, to answer the queries.
  2. Keep the thread clean and don't ask trivial problems because people answering have limited time.

P.S. This is just one of my experiment, which might not work, chosen because I am free till I join college. I expect everyone to contribute else the tread will soon be dead.
IIM Lucknow 2012-2014 (PG Dream Team 2011 & 2010)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...